1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDclone2 vs. DVD shrink.......

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dabig25, Oct 21, 2005.

1. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

From my experience Rebuilder Pro/CCE is simply awe-some for major compression...I did a test using shrink, CloneDvd 2, and Recode 2...same media...same movie and found that the quality from Recode 2 and Clonedvd2 were close to each other and shrink just didn't compare...yet I will still use shrink occasionally. I'm in no way knocking shrink, I simply like the quality of Recode 2 and CloneDvd 2 better.
    MovieDud

2. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I want the one that has better picture quality when using alot of compression.......DVDShrink or CloneDVD2 ?

3. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

Shrink is free and clonedvd2 isn't, yat myself and others feel that CloneDvd2 is worth the money. I also believe you can get a discount now at www.slysoft.com that would make CloneDvd 2 cheaper and if you do not use AnyDvd I would suggest getting both at slysoft as a package and it will be cheaper. Shrink is great and I do like the quality control features, yet I still feel CloneDvd 2 gives a great picture, even under heavy compression. Hope this helps.
    MovieDud

4. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

MovieDud

Thanks, that did help........

5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Does Copy DVD 3 have better pic/ quality than CloneDVD2 , While using alot of compression ??????

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

yes it does but, i'w not recomend you mess with IC3, it has too many essues.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The quality is good on DVDcopy3, but its reauthor abilities are bad you are better off with Clone if you want to reauthor. Also, it does have issues especially if you only run SP1 with XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329623

Which is the problems I experienced with the program. Have not tried the ver 4 that has just come out but there is a trial dl of it and you can see how it works. Even with this new release the reauthoring is still bad.

8. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I have DVD Copy 3 Platnium.......Is this the latest version ?????

I've had problems.......w/ the menus, on movies I've copied using it. when I've used it.

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Latest version is DVDCopy 4 Platinum, and I tried the trial of it today to see if I would have better luck with my new computer and had the same problems. It ripped Bewitched okay with AnyDVD running but then I tried Runaway Jury and got a coaster. I just will not let me do movie only, or customize. If I try and reauthor by taking out languages and subs it give me a coaster plus it over compressed the movie. It took it down to 3.26 gigs on an a little over 2 hour movie. This is my last go round with this program it is just too picky for me. I am sticking with Clone it works well.

10. Matador

Matador Regular member

Well I did my own test using Rebuilder Pro/CCE and DVD Shrink with AEC and Deep Analyis.Just using Deep Analysis and AEC adds way more time without it, it encodes pretty fast.But It took my 6+ hours with Rebuilder pro and like 60-70 mins with DVD Shrink using Deep Analysis and AEC and dvd skrink looks alot better...Also I had the quality ration to 56%.Builder with CCE didn't impress my much with that test movie..

But most of the time what I do is Decrypt movie to ISO via DVD Decrypter then mount using ALcohol then use Clone DVD to remove extras setting output to DVD9 so it has alot of space.That will disable clonedvd from reencoding movie.Then when its done I just load it up to dvd shrink and the output looks great.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

dabig25

i tried most of the burning programs that are out and the (Q) is in the eye of the user.

also the burning speed will,to me will determined the best (Q) of the burn like burning at 4x..and use good (Q) media.

i been using clonedvd since it came out..i feel it the top back up program out.and i view the back up on a 40 inch tv and the pixs look great..

12. pazzini

pazzini Guest

I completly agree with Ireland Clonedvd 2 with anydvd is the best software out there for backing up movies, the picture quality is excelent.

13. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i have on question about clonedvd2. would it allow me to remove audio or/and bubtitle that i don't want?

14. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi,
    Yes it will allow you to choose audio/subtitles

15. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

How would you guys rate these (Burning Softwares) in order, for bset pic. quality, using alot of compression ???????

1. Intervideo DVD Copy 3 or the new 4

2. CloneDVD2

3. DVDShrink

I already have DVD Copy3, DVD Shrink & AnyDVD. Thinking about getting Clone.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Since I had some issues with Intervideo I am leaving that out my list. IMO though I usually go with CloneDVD because I like the reauthor features, I can split TV episodes and keep the menu on both disks and do not loose any quality. For backups I like Clone and Nero Recode both work well do not use alot of CPU so I do not have to worry about overheating if I use my laptop. For the big compression though I use DVD Rebuilder with CCE nothing beats the quality of backups from these programs, of course with this you compare apples and oranges, because RB/CCE is encoding program whereas the others are transcoders. It takes a lot more time but your finished product is unbeatable. But for anything above 85% I just use Clone or Recode I like the quality, and it really is in the eye of the beholder.

17. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

I'm with arniebear, except he got me hooked on Recode 2 and I use it more than CloneDvd2, yet both are sensational at producing a great copy...and I agree whole heartedly about Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic...hard to beat when dealing with big time compression...even when I have several jobs I will let Rebuilder work throughout the night in batch mode...I also have copy 3, and will use it and it does have some issues with re-authoring but when it works it produces one of the best back-ups.
    MovieDud

18. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I just copied Fever Pitch,using Clone DVD2.

I followed, I think it was BBmayo's guide (very easy to use).

I was impressed with the picture quality.I re-authored it took out the extras & the menus.

Question:

Is there a way to re-author & still keep the movie menu ???

using clone ?

Also is there a guide on how to use Recode2 ? I want to see if the picture quality is as good, or better than Clone.

19. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Also forgot to mention,

It only took me 25 min. to copy Fever Pitch, using clone dvd2 from beginning to end.

much quicker than Shrink & the picture quality looked better.

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@dabig

Here is a guide that explains how to use Clone to split a disk, but it also shows how you keep the menu. When you reauthor just look on that screen in the right hand corner and make sure preserve menus box is checked.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/1FOR1 BACKUP CLONEDVD&ANYDVD.pdf

For Recode here is a guide from DOOM9 just look at the basics do not worry about Daemon tools or any of the other programs unless you plan to get creative

http://www.doom9.org/?/mpg/recode2.htm

Also you can go to the Nero site and they have the guide for 7 but it is the same for 6

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guide_Recode_2.html

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005