1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDclone2 vs. DVD shrink.......

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dabig25, Oct 21, 2005.

1. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Arniebear

But is there a way to take out extras,keep movie menu,& keep it in one disc.

Like you can w/ Shrink

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes, just take out what you want and then just make sure the preserve menu box is checked it will do it all on one disk and the keep the menu.

3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Using the guide , that you posted ????

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just use Clone as you usually do, and edit out what you do not want by unchecking the boxes, and then make sure you have the preserve menu checked. You will proceed as usual and Clone will copy your movie and leave the menu. The other guide I posted is if you want to split a disk but preserve the menu on both disks. I usually use this for TV series, because I do not want the compression, but need the menu. Like with the Sopranos I split the disk and then keep the menu so if I only watch one, I can then come back and just use the menu to go to the next one.

5. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Alright ..........Thanx.

I'll try it that way.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

[​IMG]

Just check what you want tand then make sure the preserve menu is checked if you want to keep it.

7. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Arniebear

I tried it with what I didn't want on it taken out, & checking the preserve menu box. Like you said.

When I tried playing it though, the menu didn't work. It came up but, I tried to do scene selection, & Play Movie in the menu.

Neither worked ?????

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You won't be able to play anything you removed but you should have no problem playing the movie when you select it, I never have had any problem with it.

9. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I think I'll try selecting the

clone DVD w/ menus & extras.

Then delete stuff I don't want from there.

10. zest

zest Member

there is a new version dvdcopy 4 , and i'll probably get flamed for saying it but dvdcopy 4 is by far the fastest and has the highest quality of any other proggy except dvdrebuilder, 40 backups so far and not one problem

11. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@zest, I believe that many at AD would agree about the high quality that Copy 3 (now Copy 4) can produce, the issues have been within the re-authoring (Movie only or Customize) capabilities. Have you found that Copy 4 has improved upon the critical issues that were reported to Intervideo? I have Copy 3 and enjoyed the quality just didn't like how it handled the re-authoring. Your input on Copy 4 might provide insight for those who wish to upgrade.
    MovieDud

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@MovieDud

Tried DVD Copy 4 and found it has the same issues as 3, there is just more support for dl that has been added. I have not been able to get this program to run correctly on two computers now, it will do the whole movie but as soon as I start to customize/movie only I have a 50/50 chance of making coasters. If you have the 3 I would not upgrade unless you plan on if you want to rip to iso files because that is where the difference is it only did DVD files before. The quallity is good but RB is better.

13. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

I'm in total agreement with you arniebear...I'm just mystified at Intervideo not correcting something that is so obvious and makes a great product an ineffective product, with no user friendliness or consistency. I still do not have as many problems with Copy 3 as others have had, and actually did three Warner Bros. movies (which a couple in my past had caused problems with Intercopy 3) and they (movie only on two and customize on one) worked perfectly. The cool thing is that since that latest version of Rebuilder Pro 1.0.2 that all the projects are movie very fast at encoding and renuilding. I did the latest Star Wars in 130 minutes and that includes building an Iso image. Last night a 120 minute movie with DTS which on Recode 2 brought the compression down to 75%, yet Rebuilder did that in 110 miuntes (under two hours) and the quality cannot be beat by any other program. I'm ususally using two programs Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic and Recode 2. Have a great day my friend and happy burning.
    MovieDud

14. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

IC3 and IC4 have the same problems: one never knows what audio one's going to get, under sizing, pixelation and others. same garbage, too bad, great picture quality.

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I wish they would get some consistency to their product, I have tried this program three times on trial and still get same results. I was thinking of buying it but not with all the baggage it comes with. I will stick with the tried and true products. RB is the king of products but that is an encoder. If CloneDVD is a much more consistent product with great reauthoring for half the price of Intervideo, and Recode is one of my favorites and the new Nero 7 Recode is really fast.

16. zest

zest Member

i get around intervideos problems by using dvdremake to edit and i burn with dvdtocopy, so in short i just use the program for its main strength and avoid the weaknesses
    however i do not suggest you buy this , you would be much better off spending the money on dvdremake, now thats a great program that deserves a few more threads

17. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i have IC3,i could use vobblanker first but in my opinion, the difference in quality between IC3 and others like shrink, recode2, and even dvd2one is not that much to bother using two programs. so IC3 is off my hard drive for good.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree using two programs is not a bother for me either. I like to rip to my HDD and then choose what program I think will do the best job.

19. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@arniebear. well i always ripp to HD first, what meant to say was, that, the difference in output quality between IC3 or IC4 and programs like shrink, recode2, clonedvd2 and dvd2one is not that much to bother using three programs; decrypter/ vobblanker/IC3 or IC4. i'll stick to decrypter/and either shrink,recode2 clonedvd2 or dvd2one(i have them all). bye bye IC3.

20. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

One of the nice features that I enjoy from Recode 2 and Shrink is the ability to be able to take away with more precision the credits...Copy 3 can remove credits as long as the movie and credits are not intermingled, the same with CloneDvd 2...the scissors app is great except when the movie and credits are on the same chapter...Not knocking either program...personally I enjoy them all, but I strictly work with Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic, Recode 2, CloneDvd 2, and Copy3. I have heard it said many times and agree that it comes down to the eye of the beholder of which program is the best. On my 16X9 HDTV using THX approved Component cables connected to Denon 2200 and a Sony full progressive...Rebuidler is still hard to beat, especially with large compression situations, yet I have found that Recode 2 (using the deep analysis and other features) produces a great picture as well. Probably the easiest combos to use is CloneDvd 2 with AnyDvd running in the background. I have AnyDvd running in the background all the time and never run into any issues using shrink or Recode 2.
    Ad is the place to be to learn grow and share experiences that can help one another find what works for an individuals personal needs. Have a good evening ad team.
    MovieDud