1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDclone2 vs. DVD shrink.......

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dabig25, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

I saw Clonedvd, anydvd and clonecd for $25 on ebay. Seller claims hes a reseller for Slysoft and has a almost perfect feedback. I'll buy since it sounds like a good deal and he/she accepts paypal. I would like to hear peoples opinion.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@MovieDud

I agree on the precision part of Recode, I used it for Bewitched and just removed the 3 second blank before Lady Liberty and it did it perfectly. Movie has no pause at the beginning it starts right at the Columbia logo.

3. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

@Chavo

Before you buy I would suggest you contact http://www.slysoft.com and see if they think that this is a bonified distributer of their product.

Sounds iffy to me.

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

BIG yes.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I tried IC3 a few months ago after reading how good the quality was suppose to be. I burned the same movie, edited the same way with IC3, Shrink/Nero, and my main choice of Clonedvd/Anydvd. On my wide screen projection set I saw no difference in quality that justified the claims that IC3 was the best. Maybe my eyes are getting bad but it just wasn't there. Maybe its just that I'm not as picky as other people. I also didn't like how it works. I still end up back with Clonedvd/Anydvd as always. My dvd backups are just that,BACKUPS. I don't expect them to be perfect but I do want good quality without pixelation and Clonedvd does do that for me even up to 50% compression if needed. Just my opinion.

Jerry

6. zest

zest Member

50% and still good , thats great
    can i ask what media do you use
    what burner and dvd player you have and
    your tv size and make
    not trying to be cheeky i'm just curious what your doing right and i'm doing wrong

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Jerry746

Glad to know it is not just me who is not finding a whole lot of reason to go with Intervideo, I agree on quality my 52inch did not show a whole lot of difference.

8. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@arniebear, I'm with ya my friend about how hard it is to discern the quality difference regarding Copy3...I still appreciate you opening my eyes to Recode 2...Love it and the quality is great. Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic still gets the nod of excellence when making back-ups, yet I'm using Recode2 a tremendous amount as well.
    Have a good day.
    MovieDud

p.s. Is Recode 2 from Nero version 7 better than Recode 2 from version 6?

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It is basically the same program on 7, but there is a little difference in speed I am noticing that it is faster. Right now though I have just did a quick reformat of my comp and removed Nero 7, had some problems with using XP CD Writing Wizard, which is Roxio and not sure if 7 caused the problem so I am going back to square one to trace done the problem.

10. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

Thanx arniebear! Have a good evening.
    MovieDud

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@zest, Here is some of the info you asked for. My main tv is a JVC 57 inch. Can't remember the exact model and I don't feel like moving it out to check. Media I use is mostly Ritek -R either the 4x or 8x but burned at 4x only. Burner drive is a Pioneer 106D. Players are a Sony and a JVC. I try to keep compression at 70% or higher but when it drops below that I burn at 2x. Like I stated before I usually use the latest CloneDVD 2 and Anydvd.

Jerry

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  12. zest

zest Member

i wonder if this is it, i never really considered burn speed

arniebear how do you find the new recode, anynew features to mention, i'll probably upgrade after the bugs are ironed out

thanks for that tip jerry

13. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Where can I find a short Recode2 guide. ???

14. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Got two quick questions bout clone dvd2. Can it handle a full copy to a dual layer disc or should I use anydvd and img burn to copy it since img burn is updated compared to decryptor? Basically a 1-1 copy.

Also I read in the guide on afterdawn to use nero after clone was done transcoding, but in the new version it lists my burner. So does clone have its own burn engine or does it feed off of nero like shrink and decryptor does?

:>

15. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

CloneDvd 2 does have it's own burn engine, which is also adjustable on the speed. I guess you could just save the finished files to HD and then burn with Nero, but in my own experience this is not necessary unless you want to Booktype, which I do with all +R media.
    MovieDud

16. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

It does handle DL, but personally I would use Decrypter is Iso Read and then Iso Write. Easier and flawless. Decrypt or ImgBurn can booktype +R media as long as the burner can do this. AnyDvd runs in the background and simply makes the Dvd Drive see the Dvd as non-encrypted.
    MovieDud

17. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Ok thanks for clarifying this. Maybe I dont even need img burn. Just thought the burn proggy would be updated compared to decrypter. Cause some people say certain proggys cant handle the layer break good on dual layer. Maybe I wont purchase nero after all. Since it seems I got everything I need. I got clone to make my music cds and dvdclone to make dvds. What more do i need? lol! :>

Plus im fortunate. My burner does support book typing and the utiltiy from lite on site does work with mine even know others say they had a problem with it. Lite on 1693 sohw

ANd the only reason I got anydvd is it was a package deal and decrypter cant handle all new dvds. Plus anydvd can break copy protected music.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

ImgBurn has a lot of tweaks to it that Decrypter will not have, more support now for dl burning. However, I did find a bug in both Decrypter and ImgBurn that has to do with Patin-Couffin I/O which is what I use instead of SPTI it works better with my USB devices. Anyway since I upgraded my VSO CopytoDVD program and it has the new version of PC it was a change in that program that now conflicts with DVDD and ImgBurn, I put the error up on the ImgBurn forum and LUK will fix it with the next update, which is something DVDD will not have. Nero 7 seems to be running smoothly at the moment it is more streamlined than 6 still don't know if it is worth the money to upgrade though, will have to play with it for another month before I get really used to it.

@dabig

Try this one

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/User_Guides_Recode_2.html

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  19. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

arniebear.................

Thanks...............

20. GSTNem

GSTNem Member

i find that clone dvd 2 is the best for nearly all dvds. the only time i ever use shrink is if i am having an error and im trying every program i can find to get it to work. the main thing i find sucks with shrink is authoring, i think having dvd menus is really important as it boosts the quality of the whole dvd. that my opoinoin ne ways. if u dont want menus and u dont wanna pay shrinks the way to go, if u want EXACT copy dvds and got some cash, its gotta be clone dvd 2.