1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDclone2 vs. DVD shrink.......

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dabig25, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

I dont even bother with vso interface with decrpter. I use elby from clone dvds for it. Yeah maybe I will keep nero. It just hard to get used to all the new shit like nero scout and nero home which i dont feel is necassary. But try elby interface it seems to be the best for decryptor.

Damn I fell like a idiot. I just realize i use clone dvd for decrpters burn engine, but I just asked if clone has a burn engine. DOH! Ahh gee george....lol:>

<My tail is between my legs and im walking away to bang my head against the wall. And to think im truested to change motors and transmissions for a living...lol>

2. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

I just thought of one other thing. Technically you dont even need decrypter unless it speeds the rip up. If you have anydvd up and running...then you should be able to open the disc and drag and drop the files to the desktop. Then windows will automatically copy...right?

3. tmaas77

tmaas77 Guest

I personally have no problem with CloneDVD and ANYDVD these are the only two programs I use, and I have never had an error with anything that I burn. All the new realeases, older flics.... doesn't matter. I highly recommend this combination to anyone and everyone. Spend the money, buy registered versions, and enjoy peace of mind.

4. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

Is it cheaper to buy both Anydvd and Clonedvd at the same time? My Plextor PX-716A should be arriving in the mail soon and once installed I have plans of purchasing a Lite-On dvd-rom drive. TY's is on my list.

5. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Yes you can buy them as a package deal. I forgot how much ya save...but it is cheaper that way.

6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

@ Chavo

I also have a Plextor 716A writer & and a Lite-On DVD-ROM.

You're gonna really enjoy your Plextor....especially w/ PlexTools.

It's the best writer I've ever used.

Let me know how you like it, after you've made a few burns.......

Never had a problem w/ mine.

Happy Burn'n !!!!!

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Ditto, I have a Plexie 716 and Lite-on DVD-Rom and it is a great combination. My Plex is great burner especially for Dual Layers and if you are in a hurry and want to rip, the Plex will rip a DVD9 faster than the Lite-on. You should be really happy with this purchase.

8. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

@ Dabig25
    I'll let you know what I think of the Plextor and the Plex arrived today so when I get home i'm going to install it. Hope everything goes smooth.

@Arniebear
    Thanks for the tip. I'll ask more questions about clonedvd once I verify my plex is in good working order.

9. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

The installation was a success and its my first dvd burner.

10. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

@ Chavo

First & probably the only one you'll need for awhile. Did you make your settings using PlexTools , so that it doesn't burn too fast ??

Again Happy Burn'n !!!!!!

11. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

I installed Plextools and have not burned anything yet. How do I set my settings so it wont burn too fast? Does it sound OK to add a DVD-ROM drive installed as slave and keep Plextor to master? Do I need a second DVD-ROM drive to use Clonedvd? I've read lots of threads and I read the guide but not %100 sure.

12. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

All you need is 1 DVD-ROM & 1 DVD writer(your plextor)

I have my DVD-Rom at the Primary & my Plextor as my slave.

I'll try to see how I can post the PlexTools settings.

13. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

@Dabig25
    Thanks for the help. Is there any other settings I need to set for my plextor?

14. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I have mine set to........reading 8X max.

& writting @ 4X max. So there's no errors.

15. michaelhk

michaelhk Member

Does CloneDVD support DL DVD burning?

16. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

Yes it support DL. Set the target to DVD9

17. Chavo

Chavo Regular member

I love my Plextor Px-716A. If anyone knows when there is a discount coupon for clonedvd and anydvd let me know. I'm using the 21 day trial and either way will probably purchase it.

18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@chavo, When you order from the Slysoft site at the page bottom below where you enter your name/address area there is a coupon block. Just type in AFTERDAWN. You will get $10.00 off the total of $59. making the bundle for both Clonedvd/Anydvd only $49.00. Hope this helps.

Jerry

19. tn8

tn8 Member

I have to agree that Clone DVD and AnyDVD is work great, but it DOES NOT support double layer DVD. I tried to set to DVD 9 or DVD+R DL or even Custom. After read the original you will hear: " OH NO " with message : Source data too large. I even contact Slysoft and asked the technical support but they said if I have install other software like DVD decrypter or dvd shrink then it will not work but I don't have neither of them. Go to their website Slysoft.com and check out you won't see anywhere say support DVD+R DL.

20. h2ouup2

h2ouup2 Member

I too suggest CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. They burn everything I throw at it. Nero Recode2 right with them as well.

I like the Book Setting in Recode.

I have had IC 2,3,4 and when it works it's GREAT! However it chokes on too many different things, and the support is third rate.