1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab/AnyDVD or both

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dobymax, Oct 28, 2009.

1. dobymax

dobymax Member

I just downloaded the latest DVDFab, which I have purchased over a year ago. It gets to a certain point and stops. I creates the DVD copy, but usually when it goes to make an ISO image, it just stops and waits for me to do something, but I have no idea what.
    With AnyDvd, I don't know anything about. Do I only download AnyDvd or something else with it. And how does it run? I know it is an excellent program, I just don't know how it works. I'm not asking for a handout, just a place to go so I can read and see for myself. TIA.

2. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

You Use AnyDVD or DVDFab..... both are Rippers !

DVDFab 5 or 6: usually work better on new releases if you "disable the Path-Player"

DVDFab > Shrink > Burn: ImgBurn/Nero/DVD Decrypter/CloneDVD2....

AnyDVD: Open the program, Insert the DVD (give a time to Analize), click the Fox Icon or select the option to rip to HDD.

AnyDVD > Clone DVD2

To How to Use this Programs; Go to "Guides" or:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/tread_view.cfm/494836

3. dobymax

dobymax Member

Thanks Mrguss!!!

4. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

YW n GL !

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please refrain from doing this across the forums, not everyone will understand the acronyms :)

6. dobymax

dobymax Member

DVDFab 5 and 6 didn't work for me. I kept getting errors ad ignoring them, and eventually the process failed. Also, with the latest upgrade, it comes up with a whole new screen. At that point, it's waiting for me to do something but I don't know what.

AnyDvd - I'm not sure how this works. I'm still on my trial period, so I would like to see it work before its too late. I open by clicking on the wolf, it tells me what it finds, and thats it. Where do I go from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Right click on the wolf would'a thought that was obvious

As for dvd fab screens there's only two after initial install the first can have the box ticked to not show again,assuming that's the screen your talking about then after that you end up at fabs GUI

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  8. dobymax

dobymax Member

I recently renewed my subscription for DVDFab in Sept. 09. Trying to backup Transformers and I get a message saying the latest version of Fab won't backup Transformers and I need to bu the new version. Is this true and where would I paste and copy the new key? I know wher it usually goes but I don't have that screen now. Thanks.

9. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Select the blue question mark and then select the option, "about". That will give you the option to enter the new key.

I was able to do Transformers with AnyDVD perfectly. I'm also aware that DVDFab will work.

10. dobymax

dobymax Member

Thanks.

11. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Not a problem. Let us know if you have any other situation to deal with!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I would have sworn this was the DVD Shrink forum the last time I was here.

Hey all.

I've not gotten a copy of Transformers because it's not available locally until tomorrow.

Since Shrink is a part of the setup, has anyone tried RI4M on it yet?

13. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

It seams: they are diff versions of Transformers 2 some are easy to rip and others a little harder.
    Anyway I get it done using RipIt4me process....then I also getting using DVD Decrypter only.....and a friend of mine: He just get it done using only Shrink and a burn program (always Ignoring all read errors).
    Hope this help's.....

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Well, RI4M wouldn't work very well for me. AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 is one click and has been working well for both zone 1 and 4 releases. AnyDVD ripped files work okay with most programs I've tried, including the free DVD Shrink. AnyDVD on the fly is having problems with programs like Recode.

The retail DVDFab is a one button and does a good job. The Clone function is good for recording dual layer discs (DVD9). DVDFab normally picks up the target disc. If the location doesn't come up the user needs to use the browse function (folder for files, such as Video_TS and the disc for dvds, image files and such. The same goes for output target if it doesn't appear in the drop down box.

For the uninitiated, AnyDVD decrypts and removes protection on the fly, but it also has a ripper function for recording the decrypted and cleaned files to the HDD. With the ripper you can select file or image output. The free DVDFab Decrypter is merely the decryption software from the retail. So far it's the same program as the retail where the license activates the different levels of function. The freebie only removes the protection and writes the output to a HDD folder without compression.

AnyDVD or DVDFab, or both? Until they make you pay for it the free DVDFab Decrypter with freebies such as DVDShrink and ImgBurn are the way to go. Of course you need to look around and get the file that makesImgBurn a selected burner in Shrink. If not, DVD Decrypter still works as a burner. If the user has Nero, no problem. When installed VSO burning software is a selectable Shrink burner (I forget which without looking it up). The Retail apps make life a little easier. AnyDVD charges for a subscription to keep the program up to date, unless you have one of the old licenses. DVDFab retail is still a one time purchase. I don't know how much longer DVDFab will keep up their free decrypter. Rumor has it they may start allowing the freebie update to lag behind the retail (how long?).

I'm getting to where I don't believe in buying anything I don't have to. I've wasted a lot of money I didn't really need to. The software for me was more a toy than a necessity to do the job. All the retail apps mentioned have a trial period. Try them out and then use the free software for a little while and make your own informed decision.

15. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

AnyDVD/HD is DVDFAB BD to BD are must haves when your beyond the novice phase of collecting and backing up that DVD/BD collection. These SD/DVD & BD software's are the ultimate in streamlined automated ripping software. Particularly if you wish to back up the latest titles in both DVD and BD. I often use/own RIPIT4ME (last known version), just as an old favorite as it does the best job of letting my DVD movies start from the main menu. I started out using trial and freeware some years ago but matured to owning/buying most if not all my rip & burn software applications. I use/own CloneDVD2 and NERO 8/Recode to burn, encode/transcode my DVD titles and BD titles/files(NERO 8 w/BD-PLUGGIN.

I also use CONVERTXtoDVD just upgraded to version 4 and DVDFAB BD to BD just announced yesterday their latest BETA update 6.2.0.0 that now supports +BD encryption, a 1st for DVDFAB. Hey try them all and go with your favorite based on your own personal experience and then buy that software as it is our only defense in supporting the R&D (Research & Development) required to allow DVD/BD collectors/and these software companies to thrive as these software's support and exercise our rights to back up your purchased online download/retail store bought titles as you see fit.;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  16. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

TRUE:
    Check here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-125/new_policy_regarding_dvdfab_hd_decrypter-811007/

17. slowcloud

slowcloud Member

Hi!

I had AnyDVD once. It was great, until the trial period expired and it is darn expensive to buy (if they even sell it anymore). Can anyone provide a link to a free version or send me a zipped file of their app?

18. creaky

~ http://www.slysoft.com/en/purchase.html

NO and NO.

Else ~ http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

19. shoutz2u

shoutz2u Member

okay, ALL of this is virtually useless because many dvds now REFUSE to let you copy the VOBs to Hard Disk.

So this stupid "dvd diddle" or "dvd free" (http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm) that you gave a link to is useless. We get the msg "encrypted sector" blah when i try to copy from dvd to hard drive. the powers that be apparently are putting much more safeguards in place.

DVDFAB/free link that you have - first, it ASSUMES you've copied the VOBs already - instead, it should copy, then remove the encryption on the fly.

Second - we ALL SHOULD BOYCOTT DVD's and TAKE BACK TO THE STORE ANY THAT WE HAVE BOUGHT, *UNTIL* the Govt & Media companies ALLOW us "fair use backup" of our movies! WE are being PUNISHED due to a few bleep-wads! who copy illegally and distribute to their friends.

Third - ALL OF THIS IS ILLEGAL - i.e., I see you guys talking about upgrading and purchasing this crap-ware, but in reality - LOOK at all the freaking AfterDawn links! they say, as of Jan 06, it is ILLEGAL to distribute or sell/buy/use such software that bypasses the crap protection on DVDs! so... HOW are you guys even getting any software, since, LEGALLY, it cannot be sold or bought or distributed.

Fourth, - don't ever say NO, NO - if we WANT a copy of the old s/w, we should be able to get it - we should not be hog-tied by the stupidity of the industry.

At the same time, I do NOT believe in copying for ILLEGAL purposes!
    Only copy so that you can have an HTPC or DVDR or that type of central media server, so you can store the DVD's in the closet, and view all your movies without all the DVDs cluttering things up! We ALL SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT!

BOYCOTT DVDS NOW!!!

FYI, i had the same issue with DVDXcopy - bought the s/w, then it became illegal, and they [allegedly] went out of business, then the new company took over redirection to their servers, and kindly ALLOWED you to have like 5 activations - even if the activations never worked - we WERE/ARE BOUND BY THE COMPANY TYING IT'S CRAPWARE TO THEIR SERVERS - THEN GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! Then, as they became this new company, they said, "Oh, that old company no longer exists, please ***BUY*** our new dvdx-super-duper whatever, which is JUST A RENAMED VERSION OF THE EXACT SOFTWARE, WITH A FEW MODS! They say, "Oh, it is so much better - blah blah." It's a TACTIC! Extortion really. So, I have copy of original receipt and downloaded a good version from an unnamed source, as it is MY RIGHT to the software, since I LEGALLY purchased it.

[BELOW is the MSG to which i'm replying]

BOYCOTT *ALL* DVDS NOW!!!

Originally posted by slowcloud:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi!

I had AnyDVD once. It was great, until the trial period expired and it is darn expensive to buy (if they even sell it anymore)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ http://www.slysoft.com/en/purchase.html

Originally posted by slowcloud:
    . Can anyone provide a link to a free version or send me a zipped file of their app?

NO and NO.

Else ~ http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

20. creaky

shoutz2u - I'm not even going to attempt to break down that page of noise in order to properly answer you, it's not worth my time fighting my way thru all of that ranting.

Suffice it to say that DVDFab can and does cut thru any DVD out there like butter, as does AnyDVD. Then the VOBs and other files are are on your hard drive to do whatever you want with them, burn, copy, convert, whatever. So to say many DVDs refuse to let you copy the VOBs is a bit of a fib, as DVDFab and AnyDVD will do that for you.

/thread

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009