1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFAB Decrypter malware?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by shikokaon, Jan 23, 2007.

1. shikokaon

shikokaon Member

Hi all, hopefuly someone can shed some light on my problem...

I've been using DVDFab for some time now and changed to version 3.0.3.5 a couple of months ago, havent had any problems and Norton, Ad-Aware, and AVG (Ewido) software never caught anything.

Tonight however after AVG updated it self it said that DVDFab Decrypter was malware named: Backdoor.DSNX.05.a

Been searching online but havent found anything to either say that it is or that its not malware...

I downloaded that version of DVDFab from their website... or from what i think its their website... www.dvdidle.com...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

what file is it deleteing? it could be malware inside the folder of dvdfab.

this is what i would do;
    avg is always wrong so realy i dont think it would harm you to leave it

but you could also;

delete it. then try and operate dvdfab. if it doesn't work then reinstall knowing that avg is wrong. again, avg is always wrong.

3. bkf

bkf Guest

Backdoor.DSNX.05.a is real enough. Another kegen / crack trogen from our friends the scrips kiddies. Found about 30 pages on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  4. shikokaon

shikokaon Member

According to AVG the file infected is the main EXE file... DVDFabDecrypter.exe

Too bad the only newer version they offer you have to pay for it...

5. kateman

kateman Regular member

@bkf: i know its real enough. iam just saying that avg normal comes up with faulse positives. DVDFabDecrypter.exe isnt malware. unless is been renamed but thats unlikely.

@nobody in particular: i had no idea there is a new version. i should get it a.s.a.p.