1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

correct

but doing a clean reinstall ever now and then(few times a year) is a good idea

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.3.5 Beta is out (June 13, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5035Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:
    Fix: A/V sync problem when using 2-pass encoding in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: Video can't be played on PS3 when using ps3.default profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD if PathPlayer is enabled in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when using "Write Data" in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when converting process has just started in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
    Fengtao

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Downloading now.

Thanks. :)

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Thanks for the info Dialysis. I will download it as soon as I get home.

5. mobster11

mobster11 Member

I've having trouble with the new update.

I have DVDFab 4 Platinum. I had to request my registration number through their site. They email it to me, I enter the registration key, it says its "Thank You! The product will be restarted to enable the registered version."

It restarts, but opens up the same welcome screen, and still counts down the number of days I have to try it free.

Can someone help?

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Make sure you're selecting version 5 for your registration key.

7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Dear all,

DVDFab 5.0.4.0 Beta is out (June 21, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5040Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.0.4.0 Beta (June 21, 2008)
    New: Added DirectShow decoder support for Preview, which means preview can work like real DVD player now.
    New: For preview, user can enter/exit full screen, and can switch audio while playing.
    New: Added option "Decoder" in "Settings -> General -> Preview", user can choose from "Internal" and "DirectShow".
    New: Added options "Video Decoder" and "Audio Decoder", user can choose specific filter from all the installed DirectShow filters.
    New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    New: Updated language files.
    Fix: A low quality problem when using H.264 1-pass encoding, from version 5.0.3.0.
    Fix: Several minor problems.

Note: Seek feature is not available for Preview when DirectShow decoder is used, and we are working on it now.

5.0.3.5 Beta (June 13, 2008)
    Fix: A/V sync problem when using 2-pass encoding in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: Video can't be played on PS3 when using ps3.default profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD if PathPlayer is enabled in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when using "Write Data" in certain cases.
    Fix: A crash problem when converting process has just started in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

Best Regards,
    Fengtao

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Much thanks Dialysis!

Will download as soon as i get home.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Is anyone having trouble with the VSO burn engine? I have to set Fab to use Nero Burning Rom to get it to work with new pc.

10. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Thnaks agian for the info, dialysis. Gonna get it updated on my computers.

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I typically set mine to use Imgburn. I'll try VSO later, just for kicks.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You'd think, that if you spent the bucks for the Platinum version-good for a year and then have an annual upgrade fee- when I bought it, that it's own burn engine would work! LOL I guess I could use ImgBurn but NeroBRom is working every time.

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

garmoon its that damn preloaded software on that Dell lol

14. Mordaunt

Mordaunt Member

Here's one for the record books. Man, I just can't believe this. This is beyond LAME. This is way into "Perhaps we should be investigating a new career path."

DVDFab 5.0.3.0

When you write an image with Fab, you have two choices, 5 and 9. Fab says 5 is 4300 MB. Wait a minute. I thought 5's were 4700 MB? Perhaps it's a difference of interpretation: You know, the old 1024 versus 1000 semantic. Yes, perhaps Fab is using 1024. Alright, let's do the math: 4300*(1024*3) is 4,617,089,843,200. Alrightee then. Is 4,617,089,843,200 the limit? Let's see.

I have found that Fab will not burn images in the 4,688* range on my external Memorex USB writer. It fails with the VSO engine. It fails with the Nero burn engine. Have I exceeded the limit? If this is so, then Why doesn't Fab tell me the image is too large BEFORE it tries to burn it? Maybe it's a hardware issue, an issue with the writer?

Same writer, same images. Only this time: cloneDVD. Well well well. Clone thinks a 5 is 4700 MB. Clone will write anything up to 4700*(3*1000). Look at the burn surface. In images around 4,688* we're writing near the limit, granted. But we're writing. And the discs PLAY.

Conclusion. 1) Fengtao can't do simple arithmetric. They are imposing an incorrect and artificial burn limit on their burn engines. OR 2) Both the VSO and the Nero burn engines suffer from the same math-phobia.

Having used their software for moons and moons, I've come to this conclusion: Fengtao are borderline incompetent. Their software is BARELY shareware grade. If you want retail-grade software you can count on, then spend the money: buy AnyDVD/CloneDVD. Fengtao has been dicking around with this product for way too long now. If they can't figure out how to do it, then they should get out of the game. Sell the product to someone who CAN figure it out.

I paid for it. I'll keep it around. But I've completely lost faith in it. It kinda works. Kinda aint good enough for me.

\m

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last time i checked (a few versions ago admittedly), Fab has a user-selectable limit, mine was/is set to my preferred 4400MB. Also, i don't use any product's built-in burner, partly because i do things in batches. I use whichever ripping/trancoding/encoding program to do said tasks, then manually use burning program of my choice depending on how many copies i'm burning. If it's single copies, these days i use imgburn; if it's multiple copies of the same movie i go for Nero. I can't say i've ever read of anyone with the same problems as you; can you check the user-selectable limit in Fab ?, an what happens if you try burning manually ?.

16. Mordaunt

Mordaunt Member

You're right. Under preferences/write you can select what DVD5 means. And that's pretty funny, because every DVD5 manufactured is 4700MB (where MB=1000), not 4300.

Thanks.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Mordaunt

As creaky correctly said you can set it to custom size. Click on the upper right green check in Fab5>Select write>under DVD writable size in drop down box select custom and put what you want or 4400 as mine is also set. It's that easy. Granted the check mark to get to settings is NOT user friendly.

18. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

@Mordaunt

If i had to surmise as why default is set to 4300 it would be this: So many people pick up spindles of low grade, inferior media. With cheap media you can't burn too close to the edge of the disc without comprimising the integrity of the burn. So, Fengtao sets a low default so he's not bombarded with emails from users who refuse to buy good grade media.

I changed mine to 4400 as well as Creaky and Garmoon; and i think we all use good quality media.

I also do not use the VSO burn engine. I normally burn through Imgburn.

19. delerue

delerue Guest

20. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I used the dvdfab platinum vso burner this morning on a couple movies before I went to work. Didn't have any hiccups with it.