1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Only thing wrong w/my copy of TDK was that because it was so long at the very end it started looking like it was fading/blurry. Near the end though. That's why they have that customization/split disc option. The more compression the less quality. My friend rang me up and asked if it was like that w/me. I said yes and explained that's why I split the discs w/certain flics. Oh well it's out at the mom n pop n BB's coming out this week so no rush.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You wouldn't have that problem if you re-encoded instead of transcoding.

3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

You talking about DVD Rebuilder or some other encoder? Thnx.

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I hate to speak for dialysis, but as I know he uses DVD Rebuilder on a regular basis, I feel safe in saying that was one of if not the main program he was referring to. For movies with much compression, rebuilder offers far superior results to transcoders. I use it with almost every backup now and could not be more pleased. I do still use DVD Shrink on occasion for other things as well as those that require little compression due to its speed, so it will always have its place in my toolbox.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  5. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx fer. I figured it was one of the encoding proggies. I just wanted to post about my result of TDK and how it went through w/Fab in movie only. The reference to the blur was that I know better and should of split it into 2 discs. My knuckle head friend was impatient and besides that doesn't understand the basics like most of us do. More compression via transcoder less quality. I'm also debating whether or not to start fooling w/encoding proggies as I see lots of posts and threads w/conflicts arising from the encoders or w/e else is assoc. w/these proggies.

Basically right now I'm not up for doing any registry cleaning or a clean install if something goes bozonkers and messes my os up.

I do have the zip file for DVD Rebuilder ready just not ready to start messing w/it.

6. lamchops1

lamchops1 Member

For compressed video (usually >20%)
    DVD-Rebuilder, best there is !

7. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

so many proggies so little time. one guy posted it takes 6 hrs. was he using it correctly or is that about right?

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

depends on you're machine. he probably had a old box system so maybe so. My quad-core takes 30 to 40 mins tops

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Ok. I have a dual core AMD 64 w/a his digital graphics card and M2N-E mobo by ASUS. Custom build. That said what's the general consensus on using these encoders w/proggies like DVD Rebuilder. I stay in touch w/some avid users w/much experience w/digital media/computers. For most part they say trouble sometimes not worth it. It is a fact it can cause issues. Just look at the updates to the mobile option in plat that although might use different encoders or not keeps having to be updated.

Have 2gb of ram and a 250gb hd sata seagate also. 500gb in shelf. Thnx.

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you're probably looking at about one and a half hours with that system dr_ml422

11. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I have a Pentium Dual Core 2.4 GHz OCed to 2.9GHz with 2GB of RAM. Avg. time is 60 min.

12. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

My system's overclocked as well as the M2N-E was specifically geared toward oc. I'm more concerned w/the conflicts arising w/or w/out any regards to other software in my pc. Guess I'll hit the DVD Rebuilder forum, but I did do some research like I mentioned and did get some answers. Just would like some pull ups from some of you and your experiences as they're always helpful. Thnx.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Rebuilder doesn't conflict with anything, you should try it. Once you do, nothing else comes close.

14. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx creaky. Guess I'll take the time out to read the guide and follow the directions. Must admit lil hesitant though.

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Wouldn't burning not so close to the edge od the disc also have helped the problem at the end of the disc? Say customized to 4400 0r 4425.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but wouldn't the whole disc be coded to the same compression thru out. In other words the movie should have been dim thru out. Or do the recoders/transcoders actually start compressing more at the end of the movie??? Never seen this addressed and just now thought of it. Enlighten me 'cause I really don't know!LOL

16. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I think the compression focuses on the main movie if main movie is chosen like in fab, and prolly even in full disc. So they figure better for it to die out towards the end by the credits then straight from the beginning. It depends on the quality of the disc also on how far you can push the limit. Quality discs like tys and verbs can be put to 4489mb for dvd-r and 4483 dvd+r. sometimes even w/these the most is at 4483mb. The encoders used w/proggies like DVD Rebuilder do exactly that. Encode. So only thing changing is format. So yes better output w/them. Longer time. Weigh what you want though. Flic that's playable and just as good w/the transcoder so all you do, and want to do is throw it in a standalone or w/e, or better quality for the same thing.

Not too much of a big deal really. Splitting into 2 discs will suffice as well.

17. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Sorry I didn't address the other part of your question as well, in regards to conflicting with other programs. Creaky pretty well said all there is to say, "It doesn't conflict with other programs." I have run some programs in the past like DVD43 and Roxio that were nothing but headaches, but never have I experienced anything bad from rebuilder. Just give it a try and I can almost guarantee that you will love it and probably even purchase the pro version.Just my two cents :)

18. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx ferguj1 for confirming what creaky already confirmed. That's 4 or even 5 confirmations from experienced users so I will give it a try. Prolly on the longer than usual videos. Seeing it takes a bit longer it would not only help me get rid of my supply of blank media but also give me something new to play with. I definitely don't mind dishing it out for quality proggies whether paid or as a donation. Good to pitch in to those that make these great apps. available. The rewards are more than enough as compensation.

19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I'm running on an old Intel(R) Pentium DUAL CPU E2140 @1.60GHz, 1GB of RAM with WIN XP PRO SP2 and DVD-Rebuilder Pro + CCE SP2 via 2 PASSES is roughly anywhere from 80 mins -> 160 mins depends on how long is the movie.

Just a note here, for those that want to experience/test out the capability of a DVD-R and DVD+R. I've tested and customized my DVD-R to 4485MB and DVD+R to 4480MB and they should be fine with genuine media like the famous YUDEN, Verbatim, SONY or MAXELL (MIJ).

20. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@ alkohol Thnx for the info on approx. times w/DVD Rebuilder on your system. A good gauge for mine as well as others.

! question that's off topic but I haven't found. I just went to the rules of the forum and it had some rules together with disclaimers. Are there a set of different rules for us members somewhere so I could read them. I saw a edited post by some newbie in TDK thread and I don't seem to be able to edit post yet, so I'm not sure if it was a moderator who edited it. It didn't look like it was edited because of some broken rule or anything like that though. Thnx.