1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As a Member you should be able to edit your post using the pencil/pad icon in the upper right hand corner of the post you wish to edit.

2. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I see it now 7. Thnx. Is there a guide for forum usage on its functions somewhere I could read up on? I f I haven't of asked I'd never would have found this one.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.2.0.8 beta is out

What's New:

5.2.0.8 Beta (December 9, 2008)
    New: Connect Directshow Decoder of Preview manually, which is faster and more stable.
    New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    Fix: A crash problem when using Directshow Decoder of Preview in certain cases.
    Fix: An "out of memory" problem when writing with VSO in last beta.
    Fix: VSO log file is not created in last beta.
    Fix: Several minor problems.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5208Beta_avangate-689.exe

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Cheers! Am downloading and will test drive with TDK.

5. fire7020

fire7020 Guest

hey i was trying to copy a disc just the main movie and it was trying to find the movie and a window popped up and said "OUT OF MEMORY", what do i need to do using DVDFAB 5

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

How big/much is your memory ram? Are you multi-tasking? Try to end/shut down other processes/programs that you don't really need.

<> Ctrl + Alt + Delete
    <> Processes
    <> End Process

NOTE: be very careful/know what you're doing.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I would simply reboot before doing anything else.

8. rmstock

rmstock Guest

I'm a happy user here of DVDFab HD 5.1.1.0, but there is
    a nasty error in this version. It makes an error (or a design flaw) in that the first Chapter/Cell of the first VOB file of the Main Movie track always has the STC(SCR) discontinuity (2) flag enabled.
    This is however not standard practice, and is not according the DVD standard, which makes DVD backup copy's created by DVDFab HD a possible source of nasty problems with other useful tools like DVDShrink and even more important FixVTS, as these tools all rely on the general rule that the firs CELL of the First Chapter of the first VOB of the Main Title should have STC(SCR) discontinuity switched off.

Luckily there's tools like Pgcedit

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/

who can correct this (design) flaw of DVDFab HD :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So.. Is there a more recent version which doesn't have this design flaw?

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Guess you didn't look at a few posts up....and notice that dvdfab is at version 5208.

10. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

rtm that's a good one. You got to see the post in TDK thread about the downloaded Fab off a torrent that couldn't copy the main title w/out previews. Lol...

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Why would you want to continue to use DVDFab HD 5110 when DVDFab HD Decrypter 5208 and 5209 is out already? Evidently, that's the problem right there. Your version is old - get the latest and you'll be fine. No need to worry, DVDFab HD Decrypter is totally FREE and simply one of the best ripper in my opinion.

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5209 http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-2-0-9-beta-out-258752/

12. rmstock

rmstock Guest

Sure I use a oldie edition, but all i asked whether or not the latest official or beta of DVFFab HD still has the "STC(SCR) discontinuity" switched on for the first cell in the first chapter.

So is it?

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't know an "STC(SCR) discontinuity" if it fell on me.
    What i and a few other regulars do know is that DVDFab just doesn't rip cleanly enough, hence why we use vobblanker or FixVTS after ripping with DVDFab.

edit- i actually just noticed a message re an STC discontinuity while using vobblanker on a disc i knew DVDFab hadn't ripped cleanly; (i'd found that ye olde DVD Decrypter ripped the rest of the discs in this series perfectly, it's only the ones done via DVDFab that are badly ripped).

I sure wish DVDFab would solve the dirty rips once and for all.

p.s. - these discs were ripped with one or more of the latest, say half a dozen DVDFab versions and a few were ripped with DVD Decrypter.
    There's 20 episodic discs in all and i can't be doing with going thru them all, fixing, then putting them thru DVD Rebuilder, and then finally reburning. Am watching them all one by one anyway, and all are playing fine so far, albeit a slight pause on the odd disc while the dvd player looks thru the menu (and thru the incorrectly ripped files presumably).

I've now reverted to using vobblanker after every single disc ripped by DVDFab, had started trusting it for a while but won't now. It's still a great program, just wish they'd solve the dirty ripping problem(s).

rmstock - How about you start a thread over at cdfreaks and see if the DVDFab guys can add this to a future update ?. Your screenshots and description posted above should surely give them enough clues to go on.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  14. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Try playing that first cell in the Pgc editor. It may be useless and you can remove it.

15. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

DVDFab 5.2.1.0 Beta is out (December 12, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5210Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.2.1.0 Beta (December 12, 2008)
    New: Improved conversion speed of "DVD to Mobile". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    New: Added "Default Framerate" option in "Settings -> DVD to Mobile". User can choose between "Same as source" and "Specified in profile". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    New: Remembered subpicture option: "Direct render to video" or "Extract to idx/sub file". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: File name of idx/sub is wrong in 2-pass encoding mode. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@creaky or alkohol

When you guys use vobblanker, do you just let it select what it wants to remove or do you go further- in other words further than blank all. I read the guide(alkohol's i believe) and never did figure out all the other things to blank. Since I use anydvd, does it suffer from this same problem with it's ripper? If it does I never notice anything when I play back the clones made with Recode! Would I have a better, cleaner file running vobblanker, after an AnyDVD rip???

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'm a simple man :), i just use vobblanker in it's most basic form, select input and output directories, then hit 'Bang'. I'm pretty sure alkohol uses it to get rid of junks as he calls them.
    I use it purely to clean up the bits and bobs that DVDFab should be doing itself..

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks creaky.

19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Same here, i keep it simple too. Input, output, and Bang! as Creaky put it.

Same if i use FixVts.

EDIT: Anydvd rips cleaner than Fab.

20. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Got a example to verify this? Would be great to see for comparison. Thnx.