1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

DVDFab 5.2.2.0 (December 18, 2008)

New version of DVDFab rewritten "DVD to Mobile" engine, now it's fully optimized for multi-core system, and conversion speed increased up to 100%. A lot of new features were added and problems were fixed. To learn more about the features and fixes, please visit Release history. (see below)

DVDFab 2.2.2.0

December 18, 2008
    DVDFab 5.2.2.0 Updated!

* New: Rewritten "DVD to Mobile" engine, now it's fully optimized for multi-core system. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Increased conversion speed for "DVD to Mobile" up to 100%. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Reduced memory usage for "DVD to Mobile". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Create ISO image file by using burning engine VSO, Nero or ImgBurn.
    * New: Improved Preview thread model, which can react faster and be more stable.
    * New: Connect Directshow Decoder of Preview manually, which is faster and more stable.
    * New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    * New: Updated language files.
    * New: Added profile for FLV so that you can upload output file to YouTube. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Added "Default Framerate" option in "Settings -> DVD to Mobile". User can choose between "Same as source" and "Specified in profile". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Remembered subpicture option: "Direct render to video" or "Extract to idx/sub file". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Volume label cannot be changed when creating ISO image file.
    * Fix: A freeze problem before copying DVD in certain cases.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when Preview is running in certain cases.
    * Fix: A crash problem when Preview is running in certain cases.
    * Fix: A crash problem when using Directshow Decoder of Preview in certain cases.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when converting some DVDs like "Iron Man". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting chapters in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem at start of converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Output file is unplayable when using generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy or generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: An error (534 5) when using ipod.audio.mp3 profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: File name of idx/sub is wrong in 2-pass encoding mode. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: An error when detecting if video is inverse telecine. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Output file is unplayable for ZUNE and Xbox 360 devices in last beta version. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Several minor problems.

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Wonderful.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

4. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Great. When it absolutely, positively has to be there. Fab delivers as does Anydvd. Thnx for update.

5. jhill1023

jhill1023 Member

I couldn't find anything specific on their website so Ill ask here:

Is the "DVD to Mobile" part of DVDFab included in the when you purchase the DVDFab Platinum version or do you have to purchase "Mobile" separately?

Thanks

6. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Before may 8th of this year if you had bought fab plat then when it upgraded to version 5 w/mobile they gave it to you. now you'd have to purchase both. Word of advice. If you do not plan to use fab mobile much then don't bother for now. just get plat. Mobile is constantly being updated and if you get both you'd have to update both when plat wouldn't need it at all. gets to be a pita after a while. your call though. if your thinking you're going to go crazy using it then go ahead. anything w/encoders is always open to issues that's why mobile is constantly updated.

7. Joleca

Joleca Regular member

DVDFab updated again!!

DVDFab 5.2.2.2

December 24, 2008
    DVDFab 5.2.2.2 Updated!

* Merry Christmas!
    * New: Updated language files.
    * Fix: A crash problem when burning DVD in certain cases.
    * Fix: A crash problem at startup in certain cases.
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD to MP3 in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Cheers! Nothing like a little update for Christmas!

9. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Merry Christmas 7th!

A little OT here but, you gonna cave in and get AnyDVD? My decision rests upon you....Just kidding, but I am curious and nosey, LOL :)

10. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Merry Christmas Ferg!

I do intend on getting Anydvd. However, i'm watching my pennies considering the whole job situation. It's worth adding to my arsenal. How about you?

11. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Thanks for the update.

My 2 cents, I was thinking about getting anydvd, but all these hours I'm working this week, won't be seen till my first paycheck after the new year, 2 Jan. Oh well, guess I'll stick to dvdfab platinum.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yall are going to be sorry for not getting ANYDVD now, much as I am sorry for not getting DVDFab Plat when free updates for life was around. I got it but w/o life updates. You need BOTH, sooner or later; and both these programs deserve the money spent for the time they spend updating them, so on Tuesday we can back up our DVDs! JM2C

13. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I am still on the fence, but after receiving a little cash for Christmas. I am leaning hard toward the purchase. I am like Garmoon with Platinum, waited too long and missed out on lifetime updates. I don't want to be regretting not pulling the trigger here as well. So I figure sometime before the 1st, I will be a proud owner of AnyDVD.

14. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Anydvd is great. I think though they're drawing a lot of attention from mpaa, sony and anyone else as posted on the recent bd+ resecured thread. It's ok to stick it to these guys, but I'd lay low while doing it. Better to let sleeping dogs sleep. Fab goes on w/their business but not so engaging or adamant about what they're doing. The renewal fee for Fab Plat is peanuts. about $9.99 or w/e.

Whether Blu-ray sticks around or not is irrelevant, but a new hd format might be. If Anydvd says they'll support w/e comes out that's great. If the big boys get really riled up and will their way into something like what happened to ripit4me that's another story. Worst case scenario you'll have something that'll break at least something for the rest of your days whether updated or not. I've been on the fence myself.

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I've also posted this same question in the Slysoft thread. Will DVDFabPlat and/or Slysoft allow me to install anyDVD, CloneDVD and DVDFab on two pcs (my names) with different ISP addys.

16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Garmoon the answer should be YES

17. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Garmoon, I own 2 registration codes for dvdfab, and have only used one to install it on my desktop and my laptop. I have been holding onto the second code as a back up.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks guys

In case you haven't seen this in the Bangkok thread. To get AnyDVD to work just disable A1 scanner in DVDVideo settings. Then it all works right. Anydvd will open disc in seconds. Don't forget to reset A1 after.

19. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

DVDFab 5.2.2.5 Beta is out (January 7, 2009):

http://redirectingat.com/rewrite.ph....com/download/DVDFab5225Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.2.2.5 Beta (January 7, 2009)
    New: Updated VSO burning engine.
    New: Increased conversion speed for "DVD to Mobile" greatly. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: Eject wrong drive tray if there are two or more DVD writers when burning for second time.
    Fix: A freeze problem when converting DVD in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD like "Sleeping Beauty". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Fix: A crash problem when converting DVD to Xbox 360 or Zune in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

BTW, for new protection which was found on Bangkok Dangerous (US) and Disaster Movie (US), you can turn off PathPlayer and make "Main Movie" copy (select title 1) for now. We are working on it, and it should be supported very soon.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Garmoon - yes. I use the same reg code for my laptop as well as my desktop.

RTM - thanks for posting the upate. Will download later.