1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Then why the HD n Blu-ray support mention? Did this never have it? Or is the site outdated in regards to this? Give me a pullup on this as right now I'm totally thinking I missed something here from the beginning. Thnx.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It only supported some discs. Now if you want BD ripping, you will have to pay for it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@creaky
    That's a good practice of saving updates. I think I'll start doing the same.

6. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Ok. Thnx dialysis. If they're going to start this Option nonsense instead of having something separate for hi-def/Blu-ray then there we go again w/constant updates if regular DVD's have some new encryption or vice versa w/Blu-rays. This is what I alluded to in the previous post. I'm going to e-mail support and make some suggestions. It can't hurt and they've been really supportive.

@ garmoon Are you referring to all the updates that come out for Fab or Anydvd?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What I don't like is that the 30 day trial for BD starts when you install this upgrade. Many users do not have a BD burner but are planning on getting one in the future. By then the trial will be expired. There should be a button or a check box so that users can start the trial when they are ready.

8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Believe me when I say I'm going to contact them. Pronto. Remember when we discussed the Mobile Option being forced on us that had Plat b4 they changed their policy? I like you agreed I could care less about it.

Now this is the same thing. You watch, as a Option the Blu-ray is going to constantly determine the updates to the whole proggie as is DVD's.

I'm already studying, learning and considering new and/or different alternatives. Don't hesitate to e-mail Fab w/any concerns. They'll listen believe me. The more concerns from different users the more they listen, as they really do take customer's satisfaction serious.

9. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This is the latest information.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

dr_ml422

Yes saving all the updates for both in a folder. A movie, a while back, could actually be done with an earier version of anyDVD and not the present.

11. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx garmoon. I almost chucked the discs I had w/all my updates to Fab. Yes you're correct, even the old 4 version was able to do some movies w/out any issues.

Honestly, if Fab doesn't get this Option thing straightened out, I might just go and get AnyDVD. What I want is a dedicated proggie like Slysoft does. I don't want any Option that attaches itself to Plat in order for it to work. Like that Mobile. Just come out w/a Mobile proggie at a reasonable price n let the Console guys go crazy w/it w/out having to fuss w/updates to Plat because of some tough nut that can't be had. Same for Plat. Leave it alone.

That's where Sly did good. Separate apps. for DVD's CD's HD, etc...

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

AnyDVD was/is the best piece of software that I have ever purchased. Got it long ago and will get life Time updates. I have fab plat but waited too late. But I rarely use it. May still pay the update yearly fee just to have both or may just revert to free edition.

13. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I have to admit that I do like the on the fly better. I'll see what transpires w/this Option thing. I'm not even ready for hi-def/Blu-ray so w/e they're doing now is no concern as of now. Reason I didn't get AnyDVD was I snatched Fab 1st n it does do the job, so I decided why 2 if 1 is working. It could of gone either way. I could of done like you n had AnyDVD 1st n then Plat, and prolly b considering same thing.

14. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Yeah I am in the same boat as you on the yearly updates. I am curious though, if we let our renewal lapse, does all the extras cease to function? Or what exactly will happen, any ideas?

15. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

That's a good question. I'd be surprised if we'd be able to stay w/the last updated version and just have it like a unsupported app. like DVD Decrypter etc... But hey it's only about $7.00 or so for the yearly update renewal, so for that price n having 2 guns on board you can't go wrong.

16. birdman1

birdman1 Guest

Irrelevance removed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  17. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

^^^

Thanks to whichever Mod took care of that one. Cheers!

18. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I must have missed that one, I am sure it was very intellectual whatever it was :D

19. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.3.0.5 Beta is out (March 5, 2009):

http://redirectingat.com/?id=49X85&....com/download/DVDFab5305Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.3.0.5 Beta (March 5, 2009):

> DVDFab Platinum/Gold:

New: Improved Option usage logic. If you don't use an Option, it will show "Never Be Used" in About window, and the 30 days trial time will only be started when you use it for first time.
    New: Improved command line support, which is case-insensitive now and quotation mark can be omitted.
    New: Updated language files.
    Fix: For command line, if the source is drive, it cannot be selected.
    Fix: For command line, the end solidus for folder is not a must now.
    Fix: For command line, the specific profile cannot be selected, only the default profile will be used.

> Mobile Option:

New: Added "Deinterlacing" option in "Conversion Settings" window.
    New: Added "Channel" option in "Conversion Settings" window.
    New: Added "Default Audio Channel" option in "Settings -> DVD to Mobile -> Convert" window, user can choose from "Same as Source" or "Specified in profile".
    New: Added "Audio Downmix from multichannel to stereo" option in "Settings -> DVD to Mobile -> Convert" window, user can choose from "Stereo", "Dobly Surround / ProLogic" or "Dobly ProLogic II".
    New: Added 5.1 multichannel output for PS3 and Xbox 360.
    New: Added 5.1 multichannel output for audio only MP4 and WAV.
    New: Added "Dobly Surround / ProLogic" and "Dobly ProLogic II" option for 5.1 multichannel downmix to stereo.
    New: Added support for stereo upmix to 5.1 multichannel.
    New: Added profiles to create AVI for DivX compatible player. Thanks for signals!
    Fix: Volume adjusting doesn't work in certain cases.
    Fix: Output image is stretched (wrong aspect ratio) in certain cases.

> Blu-ray Option:

Fix: A crash problem when copying Blu-ray in certain cases.
    Fix: Blu-ray writer is not listed in Output combobox.
    Fix: "Clone" will fail at start of burning.
    Fix: "Main Movie" backup disc cannot be played on some standalone Blu-ray players.

> MoveFab Option:

Fix: When transferring to iPod, MoveFab will pop up an empty messagebox in certain cases.

20. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.3.0.6 Beta is out (March 6, 2009):

http://redirectingat.com/?id=49X85&....com/download/DVDFab5306Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.3.0.6 Beta (March 6, 2009):

> DVDFab Platinum/Gold:

New: Updated language files.
    Fix: A "Blu-ray Option" messagebox will be popped up when copying DVD, which was introduced in 5.3.0.5 Beta.

> Mobile Option:

Fix: Output video with double image for special DVDs.
    Fix: "Deinterlacing" option is not remembered.

> Blu-ray Option:

Fix: Blu-ray Folder to ISO in "Write Data" will fail.