1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Thanks for keeping us informed dialysis :)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Cheers, both updates saved away and am now testing out the newest one.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I didn't see anything of significance in the last two updates for my needs. I downloaded them but haven't installed either of them. Still using version 5.2.3.2.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Indeed. I always keep the updates archived so if i do hit any problems i can always use the latest stable one.

5. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I guess they just don't get it when it comes w/these options. I could care less unless it's significant to just Platinum. I tried to convey this to them, that they should just come out w/a separate app. period at a reasonable cost, and let the mobile and now Blu-ray users go get it.

AnyDVD did this and they're just fine. Pretty soon here getting closer to snatching AnyDVD no matter what it's priced now.

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Same here. I keep all versions archived just in case. I haven't updated to either new version yet. Kind of waiting until i get the Blu Ray drive i've been threatening to purchase for a while now.

7. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

New: Improved Option usage logic. If you don't use an Option, it will show "Never Be Used" in About window, and the 30 days trial time will only be started when you use it for first time.

Isn't This a Significant Improvement on the Blu Ray Option Everyone was Moaning about?

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Yes but as far as improvements for DVD, there really isn't anything that needs to be updated.

9. delerue

delerue Guest

Will DVDFab go the bloated way that Nero had gone? I am afraid so :(

10. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

I'm Thinking that Things will Roll the other way and people will want more Blu-Ray Than DVD, with more and more people going BR. As far as I Know there isn't any Law that says you Have to Download and install every Update. The updates may not be important to a DVD User, but to a Blu-Ray user or a Mobile Option User it is. I Don't Know what the solution is, maybe a wait and see attitude is needed.

11. cmfinn

cmfinn Member

Okay, I am new to some of this and I haven't scrolled ALL 26 pages, so please don't berate me too severely, but I am having mucho trouble with DVDFab Gold 5.2.3.2. I have bought the software and updated it when I couldn't burn my copy of Saw V. Well, I still can't burn Saw V, nor can I burn a multitude of other titles (The Family That Preys, 30 Rock, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Two and a Half Men...). I have made a wonderful collection of coasters! It goes through the entire process, even ejecting the copy and saying "process completed successfully," but the discs are unplayable. I though maybe it was the discs I was using, but I tried different brands with the same results. I also though it may have been the disc drive, but I successfully burned a few other titles (Heathers, Easter Bunny Is Coming to Town, My Best Friend's Girl...), so I don't believe that is the problem, either. Does anyonehave any advice? I appreciate all the help and I always come to you when I have a problem and you have gotten me through most of them without having to make a post myself, but this time the solution eludes me.

Thanks!

12. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@ cmfinn

Lots of SAW V reading Here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/738066

Open in Newbie Forum for additional help if needed.

Include:
    Type of Disc + or -
    Disc Manufacture's ID
    Make and Model of your Burner
    Name of the Program used to Burn to Disc
    Speed used to burn to Disc
    A Burn log

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  13. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I already addressed that bundled issue like Nero w/Fab. They just don't get it, or are afraid that coming out w/individual apps. might not go well. The fact is it will as those that want a mobile app. will get that, and those that want to start Blu-ray will get that, etc...

It's not so much as there's nothing significant as it affects those that are stuck w/Plat being bundled w/the mobile option when they don't need it, and updates are more than frequent w/the Mobile as opposed to plain Plat.

Anyone not interested in being bothered w/the Mobile Option definitively attached just let them know. There's a solution.

This is why the on the fly AnyDVD is looking really better as time goes by. I myself got really annoyed having to come to the update thread only to see that mostly it was the Mobile Option acting up. Waste of my time imo.

14. delerue

delerue Guest

Amen, brother :)

15. vetiver12

vetiver12 Member

I have a problem with dvdfab 5.3.0.5.........whenever I want to convert dvd9 to dvd5, tells me that I´m using blu-ray option, and I don´t want this option because I can´t see blu ray discs on my dvd player.

So in the log I can see, you´re using blu ray option, even when I close that tab and didn´t click in accept.

I´m converting some dvd9 now this way, is it ok. and I am going to watch them correctly in my player, although I am using that blu ray option I didn´t choose in any menu? I don´t know how to deactivate it either.

Cheers!!

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I don't use Fab much-I have tho. I would do a movie a 9 to a 5 and see what the product looks like and if it will play. You won't hurt anything but lose $.20. Did you pay for BluRay option?

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The changelog for this version states:

New: Improved Option usage logic. If you don't use an Option, it will show "Never Be Used" in About window, and the 30 days trial time will only be started when you use it for first time.

18. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

So everything quiet as far as updates huh. This mean nothing new has been able to stump Fab or AnyDVD?

19. bryston

bryston Regular member

20. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi Jo. Thnx. What is those static and sandbox downloads though? Different sites where to download latest updates, or something else? Thnx.