1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have both and I strongly prefer AnyDVD! In fact my DVD Fab Platinum will run out next week and I probably won't pony up the renewal (yeah I was dumb, cheap and slow. But with AnyDVD, there have not been many movies I could not do. And within a day or two, I have done them all. Fab is slow sometimes on the upgrades on some new releases. But they eventually get it too. Both great programs!

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I can't argue that Fab is typically a bit slower on the updates for problematic movies. But, for those rare cases, i've got Anydvd on hand so it doesn't bother me in the least. :D

All in all, i used DvdFab HD Decrypter for a long time for free. As Creaky stated, in the end i got what i wanted/expected from them. Thus far i've had very few issues with it. I bought while i could still get the lifetime subscription. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'll spend a little bit on the programs that work. DvdFab, AnyDvd, and Dvd Rebuilder Pro.

At this point, i think i'm set. ;)

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab products 6.0.1.0 is out (May 15, 2009):

http://redirectingat.com/?id=49X85&url=http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

What's New:

DVDFab 6.0.1.0 (May 15, 2009):

* New: DVDFab 6 is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    * New: DVDFab 6 consists of several feature options: "DVD to DVD", "Blu-ray to Blu-ray", "DVD to Mobile", "File to Mobile" and "File Mover".
    * New: DVDFab "DVD to DVD" was previously DVDFab Platinum.
    * New: Updated user interface.
    * New: Updated language files.

DVDFab "DVD to DVD":

* Fix: A PathPlayer problem that playable content be removed in certain cases.

When purchasing, you have many options including lifetime updates.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I decided to add it all up.

"DVD to DVD" lifetime updates 75.60 US$

"DVD to Mobile" lifetime updates 45.40 US$

"Blu-ray to Blu-ray" lifetime updates 105.60 US$

"File to Mobile" lifetime updates 60.50 US$

"File Mover" lifetime updates 18.50 US$

So if someone wants all DVDFab has to offer with lifetime updates, it will cost 305.60 US$.

Using the coupon, the price comes to $244.48.

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Thanks for posting the update bro.

That's quite the chunk of change, though i don't know that many people that would use everything. I think i've used the Mobile option twice since i bought Platinum. :)

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Ooooch, glad i bought it when i did. I'm starting to use the Mobile option more often now, it tends to only take half hour to do a 1-pass DVD-AVI conversion, with pretty decent quality at 1.4GB

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Kinda steep

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Think I'll stick with AnyDVD and Nero 8 Ultra and CloneDVD with the free DVDFab as a backup ripper. Never could get VSO burn to work properly on Fab;ImgBurn and NeroBRom do work properly but I have always been partial to one click git'er done NeroRecode method.

Did download the Fab 6 newest update, yet to use. I never found myself ever using anything other than the free part of Fab. $300 USD way past steep, that's vertical! LMAO
    JM2C

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Not really steep when you really think about it. If you add up all the individual apps. from other vendors it'll be more or less the same. What happened is that now we're actually looking at them as individual apps. and not as options because of prices. $200 something w/coupon and lifetime is a good deal. Could do it piece meal for anyone interested in any of the several options. I haven't looked at whether the coupon was for everything at once though. If it is then the options less or even not used aren't worth having around even at discount. You're locked in lifetime free updates at discount for apps. you prolly never or hardly ever use.

Then again better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it for some. It's ok. I'll stick w/what I have and get anything else if needed. Right now the DVD to DVD is all I need.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah that lifetime upgrade is real great as long as the company's still around. I had a lifetime upgrade to MusicMatch Jukebox from 1999 and last year they sold out to Yahoey who promptly ruined the program. I've just now gone back to version MMJ 8 and it works perfectly well. I hated WMP and recenty tried winamp but didn't like it.

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Same here. I was furious. I really liked MusicMatch.

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Same here. I'm still kinda pissy about it as i was rather fond of MusicMatch as well.

13. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

That was my best music program!

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You can reinstall MM8.20.01.31 that version I have. Just can't look up anything auto on tags. And Yahoey doesn't annoy you to death. I also have 9x and 7.5x from backuped software disc.Took serial number and upgraded itself to plus. Takes about 15sec after loading to work it's phoning home but home is gone.

15. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I agree but the tagging was one of the features I really liked especially when doing a whole CD.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Maybe we could install MM8.2 in a diferent folder and use it for default player and then Install MM10 and migrate over to Yahoey version and use it just for the auto tags and really have no music files permanently associated with it. Not worth my time 'cause I have most of the music I want already on hdd.

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

did everyone get this email ?

Dear Scott

Thank you for choosing our products in the past.

As a loyal customer, we'd like to show our appreciation and introduce you to DVDFab's new look and flexible purchasing options by offering you a special discount that is only available to existing customers.

DVDFab 6 is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video files. It consists of several feature options: "DVD to DVD", "Blu-ray to Blu-ray", "DVD to Mobile", "File to Mobile" and "File Mover", all in one convenient and easy to customize user interface.

Download DVDFab 6 and give it a free trial today!
    http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

We hope you will like it and if you decide to purchase, we're offering you a special 30% discount on all DVDFab products. To redeem the coupon just enter the coupon code:

LOYAL-USER

in the box 'Discount coupon' at the check-out form.

Please note that this coupon is only valid until May 31, 2009! We hope you will like the new DVDFab and thank you for your continued support.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao Software Inc.

18. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Yeah Scott. I got it too. I don't think i'm purchasing anything else with it though.

Anyone else?

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I got it too. I won't be buying anything though, i'm happy with the 2 main options ie DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah i'm not buying either since i already have the slysoft anydvd HD/blu-ray option