1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdfab ripping wrong

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by xaznboitx, Sep 25, 2011.

1. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

How come each time I want to rip a movie from dvd disc, dvdfab will rip up to 1hr and 34mins?

Dvdfab said the rip is completed but when I play it from my laptop, the video stops at 1hr 34mins? please not that the dvd is not burnt or download online.

I had to use dvdfab copy then use another software to convert and merge it into one file since dvdfab copy software as well stops at 1hr 33mins.

I own the video and the reason I want to rip the dvd is because I don't want anything to happen with the dvd and I just started collecting dvd movies and soon blu ray.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

explain what you mean by merge,if the vid is incomplete where did the other half come from,or you have it set to split instead of main movie however some dvd's are in two parts so when you rip main or the first tile your actually ripping the first part of the movie when you should rip both & to do that you select customize

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  3. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

I did dvdcopy with dvdfab which has 5 files VOB then I have to merge using a different software but the audio and video is off sync.

I re ripped again and it still stops at 1 hr 33mins but I guess it completely ripped because when I covert it to avi using another software it played completely passed 1hr 33mins. If i didn't convert it, it wouldn't play after 1hr 33mins.

So far, I use dvdcopy and dvd ripped using dvdfab. dvdcopy split the files while dvd ripped the main video and covert to avi. I think there's a limit on the size to convert because it shows 500 to 700mb while video is 1gb but not sure why it completely ripped if i can use different software to convert it.

when i try using dvdfab to merge then play back it still wont play after 1hr33mins.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011