1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDfab update problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by drlmri, Nov 17, 2009.

1. drlmri

drlmri Member

I bought DVDfab in June, and recently could not copy a disc. I went to the website and updated. The update lost my registration key. The "customer support" folks are giving me a runaround, and I WILL NOT buy the product a second time and reward their incompetence. I have been very pleased with DVDfab, and I'd love to keep using it. I don't seem to have a copy of the registration key on my computer, I don't know what my order number was, and since the update deleted the key I can't find it in the help menu, as they suggested. Anyone have the same issue or a suggestion? Oh, and their database has lost my email address, I've used only one address for several years now and they don't recognize it as a registered address. I've sent them a copy of my DVDfab log, which the program generates automatically, which shows I've been using the program since June and it did not expire. To my mind that should prove I had a registration key, but they keep sending me automated replys instead of actually reading my emails and trying to resolve the issue.

What other suggestions does anyone have? What other software would work as well? I've used Anydvd and CloneDVD in the past, but as I recall it's two pieces of software and pricier. Of course, if I have to repurchase DVDfab every 6 months, maybe the other is not pricier...

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

You don't have the email which they sent you the registration key? When I purchased their product almost 2 years ago (actually bought 2 copies) they sent me a separate email for each registration key. When they updated versions, I updated both keys, and keep them in my saved folder, along with an additional copy backed up on disk.

3. drlmri

drlmri Member

No, I don't, and that's on me and is my fault. However, their website says I can get it replaced by using my email address, which I have not changed and they don't recognize the address, and that's on them. I've emailed back and forth with them about 5 times now and I get nowhere. Very frustrating.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

If you purchased it you can surely email them some info from a bank statement or something.
    As per rtm27 you would have been sent email(s) at the time of purchase. Surely when you purchase something you make sure it works before you mess with or update it, so as to avoid problems later on, my point here is that you would surely have checked that what you were using was in fact a purchased or properly licensed version, back in June..

Anyways, one of the DVDFab authors is a moderator over at http://cdfreaks.com (now known as MyCE) so you could start a thread over there.