1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdfab?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bailey2, May 14, 2011.

1. bailey2

bailey2 Member

I have dvdfab but when i try to burn a movie, it is too big burn (MB) and i don't know what to do?

I have tried to just burn the main movie, but still won't work, nor dual discs, and it says put in media disc and talks about a 2nd disc?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You have a movie but is too large for one disc

option 1-have dvdfab shrink movie to fit on single disc use no lower than 80%

option 2-use split option,dvdfab will split the movie into a folder called split,inside you will see disc 1 & disc 2, when finished select write option navigate to source file with dvdfab select (disc 1)then select drive to burn too,hit start when burn is finished select disc 2 source & burn to a 2nd disc,be sure to set write speed to 1/2 the discs max,use good quality discs for issue free burns,verbatim with AZO on packaging is what is best,don't forget to number them disc 1 of 2 & disc 2 of 2

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. bailey2

bailey2 Member

thanks for replying back to me, i'm not the greatest at this stuff......how do u shrink it to 80% --- do i have to use 2 disc's eventhough i have a dual layer disc? using 2 discs will be a pain in the ass....

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Be best to read the tutorial hit the question mark top right in fab, as for burning dl discs i can't help as i don't use them for movies,i'm not sure if fab even copies the layer split which surely needs setting unless imgburn can do it,also go thru the settings in fab to set read & write speeds,slower reads is best for fairly scratched discs,the write speed imo is best set at 1/2 the rated speed on single layer but for dual i set it for 2x-4x when burning games,verbs from singapore are the preferred dl discs.