1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDLab- Go to write DVD, seems to start then just sits there

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Navig8r, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

NEED HELP...I am new to DVDLab I am attempting my first DVD with it. I followed the guide and when i get to the end to write, I click write, it appears to start fine, but never seems to get passed one bar progress. I left it for over an hour and it never went passed this. 1st is this normal does it just take a long time? 2nd Has anyone experienced this? and most important how do I resolve this? I am trying to burn AVI which i have converted to mpeg (2 movies w/menus and chapters) everything went fine up till the writing portion. Have i missed a step, like I said this is my first attempt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PC Info
    Systemax AMD 64 3000
    1gb DDR mem
    120 GB hard drive (using I: partition plenty of space over 40gb)
    Toshiba DVD-RW 4x burner (never had previous trbl burning, no coasters)
    using Promedia 4x DVD-r
    I also have nero 6 (if this would help) not sure how I would use it with DVDLab though..(suggestions welcome) will it keep my menus and chapters?

thank you ....PLEASE HELP

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I use DVD Lab all the time but never use it's burn function. Instead, I output to my hard drive and then use Nero Burning ROM to do the actual burn. If something does go wrong during the burn, Nero can provide a lot more information than any other burning program.

Your burn should be completed at a speed set by your burner/media. For example if you are burning at 4X then the burn should take about 14 minutes or less, depending on the size.

3. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Ok thank you so much for the help....hope this isnt a dumb question....how exactly do i use nero...I noticed that after the compiling i have serveral .VOB files in the folder i compiled to. Do i just use those? And if so does this have all the info that I created in DVDlab ie. menus chapters ect?

4. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Fasfrank...thank you so much I did get it to work finally in nero....yet ran into another problem, which i think I have corrected (I hope) haven't had a chance to give it a whirl yet. I really do appreciate your advice....good lookin out

5. watcher98

watcher98 Guest

frank thanks for the advance help but am still in my avi grade so am going to wait until i pass that grade to move up to that position