1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDLab Problem with ac3.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Steviemo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Steviemo

Steviemo Member

Hi all, this is my first post, hope you all can help me.

What i am doing is putting SVCD onto DVD.
    I'm using DVDLab.

I am able to get the video enoded alright, the menu working fine but no audio.

When i load my MPG file it demuxes the video fine but says the audio must be trancoded. Obviously since it must be 48KHz. So i took the mpa file DVD Lab created and encoded it to 48KHz ac3 using beSweet.
    The file works fine when played using windows media player, so i know the sound works..

I add the ac3 to the asset bin and it imports fine. Add a movie and drag the mpv file and the ac3 file ok. The preview window shows the video but with no sound.
    The STATUS of the ac3 file in the asset bin is OK.. so i'm confused why it won't play.

The DVD complied OK and works.. well the video and menus.. but no SOUND..

Any ideas why this happens?
    Thanks for the help in advance

Stephen

2. Steviemo

Steviemo Member

Just to add..
    I get an error if i try and transcode the mpa file using the DVDLab built in encoder.

Also, i tried converting the mpa to 48KHz mp2 file
    but when i import the file it says it is a video and offers to change it to mpv??

Thanks

3. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

I might be wrong here but I'm not sure that SVCD supports AC3 sound... so I'm wondering if your audio is a true AC3 file.

If it wasn't and you try to compile it as AC3 you may be wasting your time (maybe an audio whizz kid can put me right).

I've had scores of probs with DVDLab sound.
    Best solution I've had is using a wee program called FFmpeggui - use it to extract your audio from source file (you can pick samplerate and bitrate).

Extracting to mp2 audio works best with DVDLab.

Failing that - try and d/l a program called AC3Machine - it seems to produce legit AC3 files that work well with DVDLab Pro

Hope it helps

Ptwenty