1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDLab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Valian, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Valian

Valian Guest

Hi,

anyone used (or using) DVDLab??

It seems like a very good program for the price. I havent dowloaded the trial vers yet mainly because of my slow internet connection, so wanted some feedback if any one has any.

also

many people use the term video editing & video authoring.

Are they the same , if not whats the difference.

cheers

2. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

I use DVD Lab... I like it.. it very good for the price. I made lots of DVD's with that prog. Real easy to use.

sirmugen

3. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Not a bad program, you will have to first create and edit your movies into a mpeg2/mpa file first with another program pinn/ulead/moviemaker not avi files then use dvdlab to create your dvd with menus/music/chapters/motion (third party software), I found it a bit tricky to start off with, it uses small windows but once you get round that its fine, its well worth downloading it you get thiry days with full features so try give it go, tip you will have to de-mux your file into two files as the program will tell you all else it will not author correctly.

to sum it up its very flexible increating menus and authors you final product into dvd file format or burns straight onto a dvd.

you edit you 1hour long home movies down to a reasonable size say 20 mins, convert into a vcd/dvd format then author to beable to play in a dvd player/PC some programs have all the software you need in one program i.e. pinnacle studio 8/ulead videostudio 7 two of the easier ones but the menu creation side is basic and not a huge amount of options but very easy for a beginner or you can use the above programs in conjunction with dvdlab to create better menus and more flexible ones._X_X_X_X_X_[small]a wise man one said...........[/small]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003