1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDR Copy Protection?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Andrew86, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Heya guys, I want to make a dvdr which is copy protected. Is there any free software for that?

I want to burn lots of movie files (avi, mpeg, wma etc) onto a dvd disc and then make it so that it is divx compatible or can be accessed on a pc, but read only and the dvd can't be dupliacated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

There are a lot of programs out there to get past the copyright protection, one being AnyDvd which works great and runs in the background. However it isn't free!

Honestly, for you, there are only 2 programs you need to get to burning. They are DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter and that is it. It's hard to locate a DVD Decrypter link since they stopped making it, but ImgBurn which is the same thing works just as well.

If you have any questions on how to use either program Afterdawn has great easy to follow guides that will hook you up.

As far as downloading an AVI to a DVD-R you can easily do that as well with with 2 simple tools. They are AVI2DVD & DVD Decrypter (ImgBurn)wich will take care of the entire process.

The guide to AVI2DVD is : http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm which will guide you through the entire process.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I think I heard the person say that they want the dvd that they make to be uncopyable.

If you can figure a way to do this - Sony has a JOB for you.

4. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Andrew86
    the big labels always trying to protect the stuff. for every protection out there is always someone trying to crack it. the only way to proctect your stuff is to keep it hidden!

5. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Lol thanks for the advice guys.

As for you mossfan, thanks too. I already use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for my stuff lol.

Is it really that easy to crack the protection?

Lol i guess i hadnt noticed, over the years i never experienced any sorta defense against "backing up" my dvds.

The only thing that ever posed a problem are pc games like diablo 2 and the psp firmware.

Thanks anyhows!

6. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Now with this you have a slight problem. This is hard to do because there is no way of telling your PC or DivX player not to play the corruption.

It is easy to create a DVD that you cannot create an image from, but not easy to create one where you cannot rip individual files. The reason is that you would have to either encrypt the files (making them unplayable), hidden (again unplayable) or add corrupted sectors to each file (will kill your laser).

With DVD movies, the hardware is compatible with the encryption. WIth the newer corruption, the IFOs tell the player not to play the corrupted sectors. You cannot do that with media DVDs because they are really data DVDs.

@rulisky,

I wonder if Sony would actually buy a corruption. Only problem is that DVDR corruption is more successful than commercial corruption because there is no way to regulate the way it is implemented. AnyDVD still cannot crack my over 1 year old corruption. Heck it can't even detect it...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007