1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

Thanks for clearing that up for flip, when my resposes get short I go to bed.

3. regionx8

regionx8 Member

Im having a problem with DVD rebuilder. I followed the guide on this site and used dvd decrypter. now im using rebuilder and i try to rebuild the movie and it gives me an error

"Nothing to do!"
    "DVD-RB couldn't locate the appropriate files in the working directory! You must prepare and encode first."
    "Aborting"

I've tryed using 1 click mode and the 3 step mode where i have prepared and encoded it first, both with the same results.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

regionx8

Go to the link below and read the file there. It's kind of an addition to the guide and might answer your question. If it doesn't then try to give us as much information as is possible so that we can better answer your question.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88493

5. regionx8

regionx8 Member

Thank you Sophocles that post helped me out i really appreciate it

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

regionx8

You're welcome and Vurbal will be tickled to know that his post helped someone.

7. regionx8

regionx8 Member

Well i seem to be having another problem. Encoding worked fine this time then i go to rebuild it and it always gets to the same spot (28%) and it says buffer overflow and it has to be aborted.. and the program closes. Any idea what could be causing this? Happend on 2 Different DVD's aprox. same place too around 28/29 percent

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

regionx8

You might need to increase your paging file, you should also shut down any applications running in the background.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

If you own CCE basic then go to the basic web site (I get to it from "about" in the program) and get the 2.67 version. It should fix the error if this is just a staight backup without authoring.

10. burnplus

burnplus Guest

I've been using DVD Shrink thus far. Is DVD-Rebuilder a better program than Shrink when converting DVD-9 to 5? When I used Shrink and got the compression to around 60%, the quality was pretty good, will Rebuilder have a better quality? Thanks for the help.

11. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Rebuilder just gives the common man a way to use the best encoder available to backup DVDs without the pitfalls of a normal compresion engine.

It's extra work and not every bug is worked out but the backups I have done look identical to the original to my eye.

Once setup is complete rebuilder can be used in one click mode and can take the movie from the DVD via anydvd to the final Video_ts folder. Then you can burn with Nero or similar program.

Many rip the files from the DVD manually then reauthor with DVDremake or similar. But at that point your getting a little advanced.

I prefer to watch the end product because all the warnings and previews can be removed for convenience.

12. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

they've released a new version of v2.69 ... it's 2.69.1.10 suppose to have fixed some bugs that were in 2.69.1.08

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think that 6402 explained it pretty well. DVDrebuilder uses the Cinema Craft Encoder which is closely related to its $2000 cousin. They use the same basic encoding engine and the results are the best that one can obtain outside of a direct 1:1 backup. If you want to try it you can for free, follow the link to the guide.

go here and read this first.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88493

Then go here for the guide.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks flip, I'll check it out.

15. 64026402

64026402 Active member

2.69.1.10 was the last one I tried before I switched to 2.67. The 1.10 didn't help the 0003/0004 error problem.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks flip but 6402 is right this is the version that caused all of us to go back to 2.67.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

burnplus, you won't believe your eyes with rebuilder, however if you don't want to give it a try, you may want to try Pinnacle InstantCopy 8 or Intervideo DVDCopy 2. Both have trial versions and finish second only to rebuilder/cce.

18. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I just started checking out ReMake Pro ... and I have to say it is a very nice app. I've run the files through Shrink just to complete the process, however, I am wondering what most people are doing? I see Rebuilder/CCE a lot, but I've not used these yet. I understand the CCE part, but Rebuilder sounds like it would be a redundant process? Any suggestions on what should follow ReMake?

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

doc, I use remake quite extensively with InstantCopy 8, which has excellent quality, but a crappy re-authoring program, so the 2 work well together. IC8 rivals rebuilder and doesn't take as long. With DVDCopy 2 platinum, i use it some, that program has fairly good basic re-authoring, and doesn't need help on basics. You have used it with shrink, that enables you to keep a menu. The idea of it and the new shrink(due out next week) should be an interesting prospect. I don't use it with recode, it has an excellent re-authoring program, much like shrink, but is able to retain menu function.It works very well with rebuilder, nothing redundant about it. Rebuilder/CCE has the best quality, but no re-authoring, so remake goes perfectly with it. It will handle jobs with other authoring apps they can't do themselves. Ask sophocles about multiangles, I believe he is the resident expert around here on that. I know he is a big fan of daredevil(heh heh) which has many angles. The only hitch is rebuilder and remake can have glitches, altho since I switched from CCE 2.69 to an older version 2.67, everything seems to be OK. Some people have no probs, others do, but again, if you can get them to work together, then that is your best possible solution. Hope this helps, see ya!

20. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks big-0, it does help. I can see why you're DB's hero!!! I'm thinking that either DVDCopy2 Platinum or ReBuilder/CCE is in my near future. Most likely ReBuilder/CCE...but I do sense a hefty learning curve. I've got too many of those going on right now in other areas, so I may have to slow down. Regarding IC8 though, are there any S/W conflicts ... like with Nero?

(On a side note, how's it lookin' for the Knoxville Cats this Fall? Ya know ... I just can't figure out why the SE Conf "can't get no respect!" After all, they do have one of the finest teams money can buy.)