1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Xb0xNewb

Xb0xNewb Member

No problem man the truth must be spoken

2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

spread the faith. amen.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Love DvdReMake Pro, great and my favorite editing app!

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I have to confess that when I get the TIME! I still edit movies. I've been distracted lately but it's a worthwhile distraction.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVDremake just keeps getting better with each release. The only way that I can see improving on that track record would be the introduction of a user manual being written by Vurbal.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

And then a month later and the hint goes unanswered.

7. siber

siber Regular member

Hi, Sophocles. Talking about having been distracted...I haven't been checking on these threads in a good while. Could it be that a lot of us just end up having all sorts of things to do? I do see that there are lots of new names around but the favorites: Rebuilder, Remake seem to be the same. Talk to you some other time.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Whoosh, missed the hint, what and who on the hint Sophocles? Big thread to be hunting in.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

siber you old lurker, only you could find meaning in a meaniningless statement. I just thought I'd shake the trees and see what fell from its branches and who might drop in. We haven't heard from you in months, howw are you? As you've noticed our other threads are closed or are on the edge of being closed but this one has a good 900 posts left in it.:)

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

siber....siber....siber.....Hmmm....it rings a bell, I just can't quite place.....who......Hmmm...maybe it'll come back to me ;>)

11. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles, bigorange, brobear -

Appreciate some help please.

Loaded DVD-RB (v0.70) w/ both MPEG2DEC3DG.DLL & DGDecode.dll in tow, I placed the later in plugins under AVISYNTH folder.

Trying to execute DVD-RB for setup, keep getting "Run-Time Error '5'".
    Tried copying MPEG2DEC3DG.DLL into AVISYNTH folder also (DVD-RB.txt guide). Error again. Tried combination of each w/ same Error.

Would some other program working in background cause interruption .. virus or SpySweeper/ware prog's. Have
    CloneDVD/AnyDVD also.

Thanks for any assistance.
    RRG

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

RitekRG

You've missed something in your setup and you'll want to use the DGDecode.dll. You didn't mention which encoder (CCE version) you're using and that's very important if we're to assist you and you know we will. LOL

13. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles -

.. and you know we will. LOL .. I sincerely hope you can. I just ripped LOTR/ROTK, so its waiting on my drive.
    Here's what I did, following some guidance from brobear
    (re: AD AnyDVD forum), the DVD-RB.txt, and yours. Did
    use the DGDecode.dll under AviSynth 2.5/plugins, as you
    instructed.
    --Have CCE Basic v2.65 (Custom Technology) and its loaded under a Programs folder named DVD-Rip (re: DVD-RB.txt). So is AviSynth 2.5 and DVD-RB v0.70.
    --Have CCE Basic executing, but not recognizing the File I just Ripped w/ Decrypter C:/Programs/Decrypter).
    --DVD-Rebuilder just won't load .. "Run-Time Error '5'" w/ "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument". The "Skins" folder is made, but not access to prgm.
    ** Just had a thought though .. not sure if I have Runtime Basic from Windows site loaded after I recently reloaded my System; could this be the problem??
    --If unable to utilize DVD-RB, is there another comparable program to same.

Thanks alot for any assistance.
    RRG
    System: Win98se/512DDR/AMD 1.8Mhz w/AnyDVD, CloneDVD.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you have CCE Basic, is it a retail version? Also 2.65 is an older version and is likely to be incompatible with the current version of RB. When CCE releases a new version it often requires and adjustment in RB, and your version is quite a bit older.

15. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles -

Sorry, but you've got me abit lost .. d/l'd CCE (v2.65) from www.visiblelight.com site and this version
    is recognized as latest offering at http://www.cinemacraft.com/eng/basic.html.

Under Help tab/About in program, its v2.69.01.10.

RRG

16. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles -

Sorry, just noticed my (version) mix-up from earlier entry; "it is" version 2.69 (two, point, six, niner).

RRG

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Version 2.65 is dated, the current version is 2.69.01.10 and has been since the end of June 2004. At that time we were using if my memory is correct RB .52 or .53 and it might even have been a 40X. Don't get your info or updates from www.visiblelight.com. Get it here.

http://www.cinemacraft.com/eng/download.html

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Since you're using DVD Decrypter, are you ripping in "file mode?"

19. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

Sophocles -

Did rip in "File" mode; that was mentioned somewhere before, which I remembered.
    My copy of CCE-Basic is 2.69 ; I cannot get trial version from the link you mention, but am directed back to visiblelight.com.
    Attaining registered copy (I presume) requires serial.

RRG

20. brobear

brobear Guest

If you presume it takes a serial, then you don't have the retail as it most definitely requires a serial and the serial comes with a $58 price tag. Cheap for what you end up with. If you're only wanting to check out the system to see how it works, try the new version of the SP, 2.70. That trial sets up just as the SP and doesn't require additional setup as the older trials. With RB 72 the settings are included in the RB. If I remember correctly it was the VBR Bias that needed to be reset. A little donation to jdobbs and you get the VIP release of RB (latest fixes and updates).

Not sure what advice you got from me on another thread or under what circumstances (guess I'm in too many places), but my advice here is to purchase the CCE Basic Retail, download and use the DGDecode.dll and not the Mpegdec plugin. Use the latest version of Avisynth.

If you must use a trial, wait until the public release of RB 72 comes out or make a donation for the VIP release (unless you can find what those VBR settings were, I forgot. With 72 you can use the SP 2.70 trial. Basic trials only run a couple minutes and stop, so they are useless. I don't even understand why CCE would release such a shabby trial. Trials have a "water mark" (big logo), so you get to see the quality of the product, but get to see the company logo in the process.

My best advice is to follow Vurbal's guide to do the installation. Follow it to the T. The only variation I'd say you could differ in is the placement of the plugins. (I use one version of AviSynth for everything, so plugins go in the plugins folder in Avisynth in the Program Files.) Other than that one small item, follow the guide meticulously. In fact, to first get started, don't make any changes. Next step, go back over the guide and setup to make sure you got everything in place. Pay special attention to paths in the setup. Then if you have problems, post the contents of the Rebuilder Configuration Settings from your RB program folder. That often gives a clue as to where the user went wrong.

Currently, CCE Basic trial runs only a couple of minutes and causes a run time error. If I'm wrong in the assumption, post your current configuration settings.