1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ri!

You do know of course that bigo has been given the ancient and secret art of the godly understatement? LOL

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  2. brobear

brobear Guest

RitekRG
    When you opened the RB, what did you select and what is selected under Mode and Options and what did you select and put in the setup?

3. brobear

brobear Guest

RitekRG
    I saw something about 13 GB, what is the size of your hard drive and how much free space do you have? What is the model and brand of PC, type CPU and speed, RAM, and hard drive and free space? What drives and what is the configuration and what is the OS? We already have part of that info, but it would be nice to have it all listed in one spot. Include the fsb info if you know it. So far, it appears you have enough system resources, with the possible exception of the OS, to run the program. However, it could be slow and with RB, making it slower can be a nuisance. Machines with twice the resources of yours often require about 3 hours or more to do a backup of a DVD.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Me, I have none of BigO's godly powers. LOL I'm just making sure the setup is correct. That way when RitekRG does get a setup where RB will work, at least he has that much of a headstart. Even in 98, the app should run for a while before encountering a run time error. Too bad RB 72 isn't available to the public yet. I know for a fact the SP 2.7 trial works well.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Man, talk about the hens jumping on the cricket. LOL The CCE Basic was a snide remark, but I was being serious about XP. I think I'll just crawl back to my hole and have another shot of Jack :>(

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Who're you calling a hen, cricket? LOL Have another round my friend...

7. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

brobear -

Re: stmt "When you opened the RB, what did you select and what is selected under Mode and Options and what did you select and put in the setup?
    - Sorry to be repetitive, but I mentioned before that I could 'never' access RB .. 'never'. When 'trying' to execute, a warning icon pops-up, mid-Desktop, w/ Run-time Error '5'. Noticed Skins Folder is formed, but that's it. No access to program.
    System hard-drive(20GB)Maxtor/7200 D:\ used for Dvd backups; total 13Gbs, Avail. over 11Gbs. C:\ total 7Gbs, Avail near 5Gbs. Model System: Previous CyberMax ('99), upgrade to Gigabyte GA-7DX+ mobo, 266Mhz FSB, 133DDR, 512Mb/ECC RAM (upgrade soon 1Gb), AMD 1.8Mhz, Win 98se/OS.
    Though my System is definitely not on the extreme, I've never had a problem processing previous Clone backups; using a Startup Manager, I reboot w/ the minimums providing o/a 90% avail. memory.
    Really, Sophocles revealed an item I completely overlooked. The AD link to DVD-RB shows only 2000/XP as approp. OS for this program. I thought it would work w/ Win98se. BigO and Sophocles had the solution; I just need to move to XP and this would end the problem. Think I'll just do that and save this forum for other member questions.
    Apologize to any other who wanted to pipe-in and mostly, for the generous help.

RRG

8. 64026402

64026402 Active member

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Just make sure you reload avisynth to its default folder.

If DVDrebuilder still doesn't work then reload or upgrade the OS.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

RitekRG
    Seems everyone has it under control. For some reason I thought the program was opening and then failing. Now I see what you were saying. You are going to have hard drive problems when/if you get RB going. You need a minimum of twice the DVD file size. Actually more because you can't fill a hard drive completely and you need space for the system to operate. So, a 7.5 GB DVD would need a minimum of 15 GB and 17.5 to 20 GB would be better. I'd suggest getting at least a 40GB HD. Those are fairly cheap at places like Wal Mart. At this point, that is more important than the RAM upgrade you're going to do. With all you need, it may be time to think of a newer PC or just stick with the apps that are currently working for you.

11. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

64026402 -

Thank you, thank you, thank you .. that installer worked like magic. Just followed it as instructed.

Now if I can get RB screen reduced to fit screen (19in-CRT). Move up/down and try adjusting from parameters edges, but will not register mouse input. Maximize button shaded-out. Maybe file properties can be used(?)

Again, thanxs alot for everything .. most probable that I'll have something else arise, but I will do All the research I can before I bother anyone.

Best to you,
    RRG

12. brobear

brobear Guest

RitekRG
    Under Skin, select window standard. That's the smallest window. If the program opened from the installer, that means something was wrong in the set up somewhere before. Now you have a working model, you can see more of where the problem was.

13. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

brobear,

Thanxs for all yr efforts/help .. actually, I have another Maxtor/5400 (40Gb), but haven't bothered to install it in open bay. I'll will do that this weekend since it will be important to any future work.

What did you mean by "With all you need, it may be time to think of a newer PC or just stick with the apps that are currently working for you." ..
    I know its not up to 'speed' by current standards, but isn't it sufficient power (overall) to accomplish backups. Clone worked fine w/o any crashes and luckily, no Ritek (G04) coasters . I know its a long process, but seems my System is adequate enough.

Anyway, thank you.
    RRG

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Other than the Hard drive, which you already have it seems, it appears the system will work. But you said you were contemplating a RAM updat. Those 2 items together, unless you already have them, can come to a decent sum. Then you need to take into the the low fsb speed. There you're looking at the chipset and MOBO. It's just that with your current PC's limitations, no matter what you do, it will be slower and more unwieldy.

15. RitekRG

RitekRG Member

brobear -

Reference the two items you mention .. I have the Maxtor/5400 (40Gb) and I have a Samsung 512Mb DDR/ECC
    RAM stick. The board will take up to (I believe) a 2.1Mhz AMD CPU, so I guess its the FSB to deal w/. I'll see what happens (?)
    Probably pop back into the forum, if its OK, to update on progress. Really looking forward to testing this puppy out and seeing the final outcome/quality.
    Thanks for rummaging a/r the boards (AnyDVD forum), otherwise I would have never heard of this DVD burning combo. Had read some on DVD2DVDR (sp?), but seemed to complicated. W/ the AD forum and guide(s), this process seems simple enough.

Much thanks to you and All.
    RRG

16. brobear

brobear Guest

If you already have the upgrades, no sense in not using them. Just for comparison though, mid line PCs from the major companies are now running around 3.2GHz with 1066MHz FSB.

A simple analogy for CPU with a low FSB is like having a race horse caught behind the gate. The lower end PCs are running with 800MHz FSB. If you're into building your own PC, it's time to upgrade to a newer MOBO with a newer chipset. Then you can go with a faster CPU, larger hard drives, and benefit from the newer OS.

Unless the parts you got were free, the money you've invested in an older PC could have gone to pay a major portion of the cost for a new PC. It can sometimes become an interest to keep an older PC upgraded, but at some point it comes down to aging components and having to upgrade to a new MOBO and then starting over with newer components and peripherals. Sort of boils down to building a newer PC gradually instead of purchasing one. In the end a new unit is cheaper than the refurbished one.

However, one does have the personal touch with their "pride and joy". Part of the fun is in the enjoyment, so it doesn't really matter as long as you're happy with what you have and it works to your expectations.

Glad you're getting your software problems resolved and feel free to drop in anytime. BTW, you're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  17. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Ritek

It sounds like you screen resolution is low.
    Right click on the desktop and hit properties then go to settings then pick 1024 by 768 at least. The Rebuilder window is not sizeable but it usually small at normal resolutions.

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Simple blue and windows standard are smaller than the Rockas Original.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

As far as your machine goes 1.8 for an AMD machine is fine.
    It should take about 4 hours the encode a 3 hr movie.
    You can batch a few overnight so the encode time shouldn't bother you. Faster 3g machines will get under the 3 hr mark for the same movie.

Encoding is CPU intensive so the faster the proc the faster the encode.
    DVDrebuilder during the CCE encode is sensitive to memory speed but to a much less degree. Past DDR2100 you get only a mild increase in speed for faster memory. The CPU remains the bottleneck.

20. 64026402

64026402 Active member

For my money the next purchase would be XP pro.