1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. TekNoir

TekNoir Member

I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere in these forums and thought that this would be as good a place as any to mention that a new version of Mark's Tray Player (version 2.50) came out in April. Link follows...

http://www.darkframe.de/SetupDVDTrayPlayerPro250.exe

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

TekNoir

As good a place as any and I thank you as will others.

How did you find this thread?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

What is Marks Tray Player used for? I downloaded it once but deleted it since I couldn't find a use for it. Dumb question but will never know unless I ask.

4. TekNoir

TekNoir Member

This thread, in particular, on Afterdawn or are you asking me where I found the link to the new version of the Tray Player?

As to the former, I have spent the past few days reading the " Which Trasncoding Tools Produce The Best Picture Quality" thread (all 56 pages of it) and I believe that this thread may have been referenced within.

I have to admit, however, that I may be wrong as to this. I tend to get quite distracted and before I know it I tend to have nine different threads open and read. I could have gotten here from any of a number of threads or searches on this forum.

As to the latter, Mark (the creator) is also known as Markham on the forums linked below and he posts links to new versions as they are released.

http://www.mmbforums.com/phpbb/

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It's a software DVD player that's designed to emulate a standalone. Standard software DVD players are intended to play as many files as possible, ignoring whether they're DVD compliant or not whenever possible. Mark's Tray Player is designed to tell you whether your DVD files are 100% standards compliant and give you errors in any place that a player that requires that sort of compliance would. It also has an excellent realtime display of the navigation for a disc and exactly what's happening in each of the registers of a DVD player when various commands are executed.

It's never been offered for download at sites like AD because its development was paid for by members of law enforcement and Mark didn't either didn't feel it was appropriate to allow such sites to make it available or was under some sort of agreement not to. At any rate my understanding was that as of version 2 it's only supposed to be available to licensed DVD-Lab users. However, even though I finally broke down and bought DVD-Lab Pro a while back, I found it freely available (and posted by Mark himself) from the forums TekNoir linked to before I made that purchase. Since it was on the official DVD-Lab support forum and made available by Mark I figured if they really wanted to restrict its availability that wouldn't have been the way to do it.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thanks vurbal, I may give it another go.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks bigo

I got dimads email and downloaded it right away. It's not complete, for example the "DVD Structure and Navigation Primer" is still to come.

Hmm! Now who likes to use the word "primer."

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yep, after I posted I was browsing thru it and I too noticed there are several sections still not completed but it should be finished before too long. It definitely helps in the more advanced sections of remake. I also agree with you and vurbal, it's definitely worth the extra 10.00 if you've already purchased the pro version.

10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Is there a new dvdrebuilder guide out anywhere??? Like for version .93??? There is some older ones on the net but nothing new!

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

nohelpme

I don't think that there's a guide for .93 specifically and since the latest version of RB is 1.00 RC2 it is unlikely that there will be one. If you're experiencing a problem then the safest bet is to ask specific questions. If you're uncertain as to how to set RB up then follow this link and download the installer version and it'll do most of the setup for you.

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14

12. ou814me

ou814me Member

Hey Guys,

I've read through this thread and one other before posting this

question. I've just installed DVD RB Pro and CCE Basic 2.70, when

using these tools in "one click mode" it took almost 4 hours to get a

finished product. Is this normal? I'd been told that CCE is the

fastest encoder with the highest quality available but 4 hours seems

excessive. Also under the mode drop down menu there are three choices

for either movie only, movie and menus, and movie menus and slideshow

extras. For future reference which one of these will include all of

the disks extra features for a "full" backup of the original disk?

Thanks

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

ou814me,

Although RB/CCE does have the best video quality excluding CCE SP it is not the fastest by any means. I wonder if you are mistaking it for DVDCopy3 which is second only to RB/CCE quality wise IMO and one of the fastest transcoders.

If you want to encode the entire disc or folder don't select any of those choices. Leave them all unchecked.

14. ou814me

ou814me Member

Thanks Mort81,
    I should have figured out how to get the extras onto the disk, I knew that the three options offered didn't sound right but I was expecting to see check boxes and never thought about clicking the selection to uncheck it, brain fart I guess. Another question for this application: is there anyway to get rid of the loud buzzing sound when sub titles are displayed? It's also present during the FBI warning and other copyright warnings.

Thanks

15. brobear

brobear Guest

That sounds more like an equipment problem. Normally there is no audio associated with that part of the video. In that situation, you shouldn't be getting any sound at all.

16. Dissone

Dissone Member

Hummph! I do have a box connected to my TV and DVD player that has 6 switches on it allowing for push button change between xbox, dvdplayer, playstaion etc. Maybe this is causing it as I did notice diminished sound quality after installing but the buzz during subtitles is by far worse then "normal". I'll try removing it to see.

Thanks brobear

17. Dissone

Dissone Member

By the way (just for clarity) I am 0u814me, I didn't mean to post under that name sometimes I click the wrong name under the "auto complete". I changed to Dissone because I didn't like 0u814me, but I couldn't figure out how to do it without creating a new account.

thanks again

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Dissone,

I have experienced that buzzing you're refering to once or twice. I reimported the folder and everything was cool. Nothing to worry about I don't think.

Mort

19. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

The loud buzzing sound as Brobear stated does in fact sound like a hardware problem. If you are hearing this from your TV set then it sounds to me that the contrast is on too high. Either that or the speakers on that set isn't working the way it should be, I'm not a fan of those switch boxes but it does make life simpler but do try a direct connection to see if the buzzing continues.

20. Dissone

Dissone Member

Hey fellas',
    I should have responded earlier but I'm moving so the last few weeks have been hectic. Anyway the direct connection definitely fixed the problem; in fact I'd forgotten about it as I'd accidentally made the change to direct connection due to the new layout of my rooms if you hadn't written I'd never have even remembered. Thanks for the suggestion you guys were right on.

Later,