1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, people say that about the entire conference. As far as respect goes it is true the northern sports writers do have no respect when it comes to the SEC(only because they fear it), but everyone knows it is THE toughest conference. Hard to go the year undefeated there. They consistently have 6-7 teams in the top 25 every year with 3 or 4 in the top 10. Here in the south football is a way of life and I can't wait, ya know? On a side note, heh heh, do not discount IC8 so easily, it is only 25.00 and the pic is truly awesome(some have pixelation problems with dvdcopy2 which costs 79.00) and as far as rebuilder goes, once you set it up, it is truly a one click application. CCE is 58.00. There are no conflicts with any of these, especially with Nero. Roxio tends to conflict with Nero, but it has no place on my PC. Good luck whichever way you choose. And as they say around here, IIIIIttt's foootball tiiime in Tennessee!!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Well ... I grew up an Air Force brat, and lived some good times in the South (mostly La). In HS, I even got to experience some of those two-a-days in 105 deg August. Our head coach, like most HC's, had more stroke (unofficially) than the mayor. I know what you mean about football being a way of life ... and it was something to see the whole community turn out on Friday nights. Since those days, me waiting for Fall is like a kid waiting for Christmas. Just kidding about the SEC. It's been a well-accepted fact in Norman that the road to No. 1 is through Austin, Lincoln, and then the SEC. Ahhh...my Chokin' Okies. 'Never could understand the Sooner part, though. 'Like calling themselves a bunch of cheaters. (I'm up in the PNW now, and it's hard to get excited about the PAC 10. 'Not the same game. But they do complain about those Northern writers! 'Seems these guys out here don't get any respect either.)

I got burned pretty bad on a Pinnacle product once, so I have this boycott thing going. But I just might have to relent if it works well with ReMake? Have you had any problems to speak of?

I have to say, deciding on softwares is an interesting process. I recently watched a backup I made about 8 mos ago, and found myself being critical of the quality. I watched it more than the movie. Thing is, I was pleased with the results back then ... and so I've changed. I'm finding now that there are certain movies that I watch over and over, and that I am now willing to spend the time, and money if need be, to get the best backup possible. From what I am learning here, I suppose this means Rebuilder/CCE? There are other DVD's (like the kid's "trash") that I would like to do a "quick and easy" on. 'Been using Shrink and DVD2One for that, but I am really looking for a good time-saving one-clicker. Would you say IC8 fits this category. (A plus is that I already have AnyDVD.)

Thanks again for your help ... "I'll be back." (PS: Any chance you could PM me, and tell me how to get a .gif or whatever into the sig block?)

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey doc, no problems what so ever with IC 8, and you can't beat the price. Easy user interface and works well with remake. I also have redone many backups since my early days, what I used to think was great just to have, no longer satisfies. I find myself watching more and more for quality than the movie itself. If my wife knew my insatiability for new software, and the bucks I've spent...well let's just say no more AD for me! LOL Rebuilder/cce is the best, but because of time, I only use it for long movies(the PC has to rest sometime!) and then the rest I use IC 8 and DVDCopy 2. Lately I've been having some pixelation problems in dvdcopy 2, not bad, fleeting moments, but enough to bug me. Until I get the issue resolved I have been leaning towards IC 8 more and more. I do love the speed of DVDCopy 2 tho(sigh). PS-I know what you mean about Friday nites. Around here you would think every High School was college, SRO at all games. I love it. Of course UT Vols has the 2nd largest stadium in the country, about 107,000 plus. I think only a couple of games since 1949 haven't been sold out at home. You mentioned La., LSU should be real good this year, maybe UT and them might meet in the SEC Championship, if we can get by Georgia. We'll see, can't wait! (If brobear hears this, him being a Kentucky fan, he might disagree heh heh.)

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

The IC8 trial is downloading as I type.

Take it from me ... your wife knows what you spend. Especially those southern belles. They just cut us "boys and their toys" some slack.

PS. LSU has surprised me. They've come a long way. And, hey, 'hope my joking isn't offensive? Where I come from, poking fun at another man's team is a sign of respect.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problem, altho you just screwed up any chance you had of inserting a sig. heh heh heh

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I needed a good laugh. Just look at it this way ... this is your chance to be a hero to DB and to me!!! :)

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sorry doc, I'm partial to females....

8. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

yeah, me too. That DB sure sounded like a sweetie.

9. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The new DVD-RB guides are now up. There's now a very basic guide and an advanced guide. I was looking through the basic guide and noticed that I used a feature that was only present in the version I used for the screenshots (0.54) and which wasn't supposed to be there at all because it hasn't actually been implemented yet. Just ignore the Log File option (which you won't be able to find if you have the latest version) and the rest should be correct. If there are any other problems, let me know and I'll try to get them corrected.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc! Until you've seen a photo, I'd just leave it to the imagination
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  11. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Imagination? Ummm, my girlfriend says I have a pretty good one!!! (But the ex-wife...that's a different story). But you've gotta admit DB did have a way with words. I know they got a smile out of me a few times. Ya know, I think it'd be nice to have her around as a regular. Maybe bigorange could do something about that ... like check up on her video progress?

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yea right! We need bigo checking her "progress.'

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Well ... it was a thought.

BTW, I did try DareDevil with ReMake Pro over the 4th. I backed off and went with K-PAX...which also caused me some problems when I edited out everything but the initial Universal splash. I just downloaded the latest Rev, and so I'll see if that changes anything.

I'm also having a look at vurbal's new RB guides, as I would like to go the RB/CCE route soon.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]I would like to go the RB/CCE route soon.[/bold]

I save at least one a day to do before I go to bed, its slow but damn the quality is unreal especially on really long running or really large files.

15. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

That's a good idea. I'm going to try to work that one in. As it is, I don't have very many blocks of time to devote to these intial learning curves, and this approach could be a good timesaver.

Concerning ReMake, how long is it taking to "export" a file? I'm running around 2 hrs with a 2.6 P4/512 DDR. This seems excessive compared to Shrink.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

doc, that's way too long, remake takes an average of about 30 minutes on my PC. Something wrong there.

Sophocles: [bold]Yea right! We need bigo checking her "progress[/bold]

What the hell is THAT supposed to mean. Haven't you ever heard the term "true southern gentleman"? heh heh heh

17. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Hey big-O. Have you been lurking on this one? I thought to accuse you of being a "southern gentleman" but never found the appropriate time ... until now.

'Tried IC8 ... just once so far. It made a coaster out of my G04. Do I need to do something other than have AnyDVD running and then set it in motion?

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I prefer to rip in file mode with decrypter, only takes a few minutes, then use those in IC 8. What did you do exactly? It still should have worked with anydvd. what were your steps.

Any re-authoring? It has crappy re-authoring, use remake, I know ya got it.

Also before you're set to burn slide the compression slider up til your green line turns red, then back off a couple of points,example-turns red at 4.38 go back to 4.18 - 4.28 This will make your file larger, thus less compression. It tends to do things on the safe side. Believe it or not I have added as much as 20%!

Use rw's til you get it right. I always do with a new app.

I wouldn't call it lurking, just perusing from a safe distance. lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

19. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I thought that I would "test drive" it from the first screen that came up. The Patriot was the DVD. I chose the source and destination, and pressed start. Some time later it prompted me for a blank DVD. Then it said it was completed successfully, however, I got a "graph building" error when I tried to play it. Didn't work in the standalone either.

I didn't look too closely at the media options, and somehow I presumed it wouldn't format RW's. I'll look more closely next time. I also need to play with it some more later this week. This was a "kid weekend" and when we weren't on the road, they were monopolizing my computer.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

20. dimad

dimad Regular member

@bigorange
    30 minutes!? Somethingis wrong here also :)

As you understand it depends on the system. Having source on one "fast" (ATA100 7200RPM) disk and exporting to another disk usualy takes about 2 min per Gb, i.e. ~15 minutes for big DVD.