1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. f1drake

f1drake Member

I know shrink and decrypter pretty good and I use them to back up the movies that are smaller in size or have useless features and I only want the movie.

I can get CCE Basic pretty cheap after my discount but will end paying full price for DVD Remake. Id like to have them for larger movies or ones with good features.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

f1drake

DVDremake is a great product but it's one that you can graduate too but you don't need it to do great backup with DVDrebuilder/CCE. Many large and long movies such as LOR III, don't have a lot of extra's except for soundtracks and they can be removed with DVDreuilder before you begin encoding.

3. f1drake

f1drake Member

Well one of my really old vhs tapes is about due to be replaced with dvd so Im going to pick up Scarface (prettyy long movie) and attempt to back it up with RB/CCE. You can expect me back ;).

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I'm wondering the same thing that f1drake was ... about angles. Will Rebuilder allow for the inclusion and/or removal of angles? Or, is this where an app like ReMake comes in?

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

doc, this is where remake comes in.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that's where you need to use a tool like Remake. DVD Rebuilder will support multiple angles and interleaving (aka ILVU or Seamless Branching) sometime (hopefully soon!), but until then, you need to remove extra angles or interleaving before using Rebuilder.

7. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

OK. So for right now Remake and Rebuilder/CCE will cover all the "contingencies(?)" Is there any other software combination that will be as complete an answer at this point?

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

For multi-angled interleaved movies you need a tool to remove the added angles which is why so many of us are using DVD remake.

9. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

(Please let me know if I should post this as a new thread?)

I installed Rebuilder and CCE Basic 2.67, and then ran a RMP file that worked fine in Shrink. About 3 hours later, just as it looked like it was finishing, I got a #0003 error, stating that Rebuilder "suffered a buffer overflow" and must abort. Any ideas about what happened, or what I should try next?

PS. Vurbal ... thanks much for your Rebuilder guide. I don't believe I would be taking this next step without it.

10. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Doc409

When this happened to me I did Remake on the original files and split the interleaved blocks one at a time in the main title.
    I clicked on the main title(the biggest one) and right clicked over each block that had INLV on it then hit split cells. About every 4 or 5 blocks there was another INLV. It took me about ten minutes. I didn't hide any other blocks. It ran through Rebuilder fine.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald[/small]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  11. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

RMP doesn't identify any angles or INLV. I did pick up a hint as to the problem on the ReMake forum...and it has to do with PGC's (program chain). There are some PGC's that are the same size, and this is an indication of seamless branching. All of this is new to me, and so I need to get into it a bit more.

12. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks for your advice. I see that it is going to be useful with my next go with Rebuilder. As this was my initial Rebuilder/CCE install, I wanted to make sure it was working ... and it is. I just completed a 3 hour classic - Sound of Music. RMP and Rebuilder worked perfectly.

13. Mr2Tone

Mr2Tone Guest

Hello to all,

I have been reading your forums for a while and geting many hints into the various programs and utilities one may use.

I have also spent a small frtune keeping up with you (LOL).

Anyhow, here is the question, I have read around a bit and did not find an answer.

I have used DVD Remake Pro to re author the menu, exported to hard drive. I next try to load or import into Nero Recode 2. This works well, however, once I start the burn process ( deep analysis ), I get an out of memory error and the process aborts. Here is the interesting one, if I use Nero Recode 2 using the Remake function (movie and extras only - no menu). The process works fine.

If I try using Instant copy from Pinnacle, no problem it works well.

The problem seems to be limited to Recode 2 under the "copy DVD to DVD".

Any idea what would be the cause? Or maybe I am out in left field and you canno use DVD Remake pro with Nero Recode 2 since there is a conflict when trying to keep the menu.

Any helps would be appreciated.

Oh! For the obvious questions, the pc has 1 Gig, 2.8Ghz with two 120 gig drives. CD-ROM and CD Burner functionnal under all other circumstances.

Thank you.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When using DVDremake the file should be ripped to your hard disk and then after it has been edited it should be exported to another folder. You will see the export feature under file. If the file size after editing is under 3.37 gigs then you can burn it with Nero burning rom directly. To do this open Nero, choose nero burning from from the list, then DVD-Video, and then new. Open the folder where you movies is and you will see Video_Ts, drag and drop it into the Video_Ts red icon on nero and burn. If the DVD is too large to be burned then it has to be compressed with a transcoder such as recode or IC8, ore re-encoded using DVDbuilder/CCE Basic. But you can't work with it all through your roms and you won't be burning DVD to DVD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  15. Mr2Tone

Mr2Tone Guest

Thank you for the reply,

Your answer permitted one way to get the files unto the disk. However, this brings up a variation to the original question. For the last month or so I have been using decrypter to HD in it's own folder, then I use Recode 2, copy DVD to DVD, import the folder into Recode, modify the extras,menu, etc...and burn using deep analysis. So from the above we can agree that this works using decrypter.

Now, this time i used decrypter to HD, DVD remake pro from HD saved/exported to another folder. And the tried to use Nero Recode. The above importing (import into Nero Recode dvd copy dod not work. But If I used the second choice under recode, remake dvd I was able to burn??

Instant copy works fine. I have used for a couple of movies. It just seems the DVD Remake folder/files do not work with Recode 2... Would this be correct??

Thank you again.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm...interesting, BTW welcome to AD, Mr2Tone. I use remake all the time but have never tried it with recode. I like recode's re-authoring prog just fine, is there a reason you use remake with recode? I, like you, like to use it with IC 8 and RB/CCE on larger movies. I use recode and it's own prog for smaller ones.

17. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Remake does a better job with the reathoring. I used to use recode to keep menus and dts but strip extras on big movies. Now I use remake on everything and the results are smoother. No waiting for the movie. No blue or still screen when an extra is disabled.
    The improvement is worth the effort.

There might be a way to use remake with recode if they is a minor conflict with how your blocking out certain features. But DVDshrink should give about the same results as recode2 and shouldn't error out.
    Or its time to break out DVDrebuilder.
    My Rebuilder/cce movies have been going flawlessly since working out the Remake procedures.

18. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

64026402 ...
    I'm still getting a #0003 buffer overflow about half the time - at the 3rd and final stage of RB/CCE. This is on simple non-angle/non-INLV movies with minimal "hiding" of splashes, FBI, etc. There's not a lot of info on this, and I'm wondering if it is a thing of the past with you right now? The other thing is that the RMP files go through Shrink and DVDCopy2 just fine. Haven't tried Recode.

I do like RMP, and have started using it all the time, but I'm still catching on to the more advanced features. I've dedided that for what it does, though, it is worth the effort.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm with you on the flawless DVD-Remake/Rebuilder/CCE Basic, the movie qualities are exceptional. I’ve already decided it’s my first choice for serious backups. With DVDremake it’s possible to trim some smaller movies to near DVD type 5 sizes and burn them with virtually no compression, or within a transcoders comfortable range (no clear loss of movie quality).

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Since I only use IC 8 or RB/CCE with remake on large movies, I see no need for it on a smaller movie that requires very little trimming. Recode does just fine. I like messing with this stuff as much as anybody, but sometimes it just doesn't need the extra effort.

Some of these older movies have very little in the way of extras, a couple of trailers and language tracks, recode is more than able to take care of that.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHS 832S dual layer[/small]