1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDrebuilder CCE, with DVDremake and Other Tools for Beginners

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

[bold]I see no need for it on a smaller movie that requires very little trimming[/bold]

If it's too small to be considered for DVD-RB/CCE re-encoding and if the file can be trimmed within DVD type 5 sizes, then it makes transcoding unnecessary, and no tanscoding makes sense to me.
    _

I'll trim anyway.
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  2. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

It also seems that new DVD releases of older movies have a series of splashes and warnings that can't be clicked through with the remote. This has become a nuisance that taints the movie experience for me ... and so it's worth the extra time and effort to "hide" this stuff in Remake. As far as the hands-on editing goes, I'm usually in and out within about 15 minutes. The larger files go through Shrink, DVDCopy2, and DVD2One quite nicely. I'm still working things out with RB/CCE, though.

3. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Doc409

Did you switch back to CCE 2.69 or are you still using 2.67. Did you try to load the OE files into rebuilder to make sure there were no hiding angles or INLV.
    There is also a new DVDremake out so you might try it.
    I still haven't gone to 2.69 cce yet. I figured why mess with things while they're working. I'll go for the next update.

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks. I was using RMP 2.2.3. I'll update. I started with CCE 2.67, and read elsewhere that another user solved the #0003 problem by upgrading to 2.69 ... so I did. Didn't seem to change anything.

[bold]Did you try to load the OE files into rebuilder to make sure there were no hiding angles or INLV.[/bold] How is this done? I'm still pretty new at different options. Also, some of the RB/CCE rejects are older movies that wouldn't have angles or INLV.

For the movies that don't make it through RB/CCE, I process them thru RMP without editing, and then send them through RB/CCE. This works 100% of the time, and the final cut is still remarkable without removing anything.

The thing is, when other people aren't having the same problem, I start looking at user error - rather than blaming the sw. I'm just having trouble finding it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

5. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I just wanted to see if the movie would go into rebuilder without the angle warning if you didn't run it through remake.

I think 2.3.0 is the latest Remake. Are you using 55b rebuilder?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald[/small]

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Actually guys the think the lastest remake is 2.3.0.

7. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Yes I just checked, thats right.

8. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I just dl'd the latest RMP ... 2.3. And yes, RB 55b.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

These posts look like the mail is getting hung in cyberspace. Anyway, considering the various installs/uninstalls I've done lately, this might be contributing to the sensitivity of RB. 'Probably time for a good 'ole clean install. Thanks for the help.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc

Its moments like this that makes it that much more fun. A comedy of errors.

12. 64026402

64026402 Active member

As long as it isn't a comedy of 0003 errors:)

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx doc and soph, thru your comedy of errors, I just learned there is an update of DRM pro. Had no idea. Been in a fog last couple of days.

(Psssst, soph, I'll trim anyway too, I'll just use recode to do it. heh heh)

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

[bold]I'll trim anyway too, I'll just use recode to do it.[/bold]

That's like liposuction instead of exercise they both result in a weight loss but one is healthier. One actually trims the fat out and the other one cuts it out.

15. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

edited...
    _

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Doc, I'm not sure where you're coming from, I WASN'T late to the party and have been a proponent of Remake as long as anyone here, if not longer than most. I have also been recommending it to many, including you, I believe.

That doesn't mean I have to use it in every situation out there.

If there was only one way of doing things, I wouldn't have a screen full of DVD icons dealing with just about every manner of DVD backup there is.....

Maybe you'll see the "light". heh heh

BTW, I hate exercise!

17. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

bigorange ... I obviously offended you, and I want to apologize for that. That wasn't my intention. I've been struggling with some of this stuff for a while, and I finally found something that works...and you've had a lot to do with that. I'm elated, and it's just human nature to want to share something good ... but one also needs to have the wisdom to allow another to have their own well-founded opinion(s). I fell down on this part, and I see this light bright and clear.I can't unring a bell that's been rung ... but I can assure you I won't ring any more in the future, OK? Thanks again for the help you've given me.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Doc, after rereading my post I guess I can see where you thought that. I was not offended at all, just being a little sarcastic( which is a fault of mine). I threw in the "heh heh" as a way of expressing a snide laugh, guess it came out wrong.

Please do not feel as though you have to tiptoe around me, sophocles and brobear sure as hell don't! lol

My post was actually aimed at you and sophocles(reason for the "exercise remark") and not meant to be in a bad light at all. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Now, assume the position........FIRE!

BTW, what are you doing up this late, same reason I am?
    Testing?

19. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Yeah...up late running some stuff through Shrink beta. Hey, sometimes this crowd can be pretty rough.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc

bigorange knows I didn't intend any harm by the lipsuction thing and he knows that I'm a weak man when comes to throwing puns.