1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDRW listed as SCSI... lead to burn problems?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vortron, Sep 17, 2004.

1. vortron

vortron Member

Hello,
    I tried posting this in DVDRW hardware but got no response (maybe Im just impatient :) I installed a MadDog DVDRW drive (repackaged NEC ND-2500A) and due to extra special circumstances regarding my case/motherboard layout, I have to connect it to the second IDE channel on my Promise Ultra ATA100 controller PCI card (the 1st IDE has my HDD). I thought this was ok, and the drive seems to work fine so far (backed up 2 dvds with dvdshrink), however, system info says it is SCSI. Im afraid it will have performance/config implications.. Anyone know why it designates my DVDRW drive as SCSI? The controller card is for UDMA drives and ATAPI devices. ATAPI is IDE, right? ..and IDE is not SCSI, right? I dont understand!
    thanks,
    v

2. climbamtn

climbamtn Member

the reason it is showing as scsi is because your promise raid controller card can not build the device into an aray. when i disconect my drives from the promise raid aray they show as scsi devices. not sure which promise card i have believe tx200 but knock on wood no issues here.(4 years and counting)

3. vortron

vortron Member

thanks climbamtn! i thought for sure that question would be lost in the archives.. :) ok, so then i wont worry about the scsi thing.
    thanks again,
    v