1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDS are skipping!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by empty, Aug 21, 2004.

1. empty

empty Member

hi, used DVD shrink shunk my LOTR. return of king, and burned on a dvd using maxamum speed (4x) and when i played back on dvd. it skips near the end of the movie, WHY??

2. empty

empty Member

hi, used DVD shrink shunk my LOTR. return of king, and burned on a dvd using maxamum speed (4x) and when i played back on dvd. it skips near the end of the movie, WHY??

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

{quote]it skips near the end of the movie, WHY??[/quote]

Unfortunately this sounds like a classic case of poor quality media. What media are you using?. Have you tried Ritek or verbatim?

4. empty

empty Member

ur rights its generic brand. could it be that its writing at max speed?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

speed, maybe. But its most likely your cheap media.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You must have compressed the heck out of that movie, which really does not help the situation. What kind of compression number did you have? The new Shrink might do better, but I split that movie into two discs.

Cheap media that is screwing up at the edge of the disc can sometimes be used if you go into Shrink, Edit, Preferences and change the target size from DVD-5 to Custom, and then reduce the output size by 100MB or so. I sure would not use that method on a large movie like ROTK though. This method stops the burn before the edge is reached, so the movie is compressed even more than it usually is. 100MB is not much though so you may have to make it even smaller.