1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs dont work after burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trentonp, Aug 13, 2004.

1. trentonp

trentonp Member

Hopefully someone can help me. I purchased DVD copy 2 gold because it was supposed to be much eaiser to burn a dvd with this program (I was having trouble using shrink and everything) So I use DVD decrypter to rip my DVD onto my hard drive. It makes 2 folders one is audio somthing and the other is Video_TS. So Using DVD Copy 2, I select the Video_TS folder as the source and my HP dvd writer as the target. Then I select DVD as the media type and click on main movie only. Then I click burn. The DVD burns and when i put it in my DVD player, it wont load.. My dvd player just locks up and i have to unplug it. ITs a brand new samsung dvd player that reads DVD- and im using DVD- blank media. Then when i put the DVD in my computer DVD player, It plays just the Video publishers intro (like paramount pictures) If I goto "explore" and look at the files, there are a bunch of VOB files and stuff and if i click on the largest of them (there are like 4 big ones) they will play about 1/4 of the movie.. Why is the disk not working in my DVD player.. I can use the burner that came with my DVD writer and make videos from windows media player videos that i have on my computer and they work fine in my DVD player. I dont know what to do. Help!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I've not used the software you're referring to but it seems to me there may be something sketchy happening when using the files from Decrypter.

There's a small app called DVD43 that runs in the background and dynamically bypasses the encryption on DVDs allowing your DVD Copy 2 software to work directly from the source disc and bypass Decrypter altogether. It may be worth a shot :)

DVD43 1.4

http://dvd43.com/

You'll need patin couffin (a small driver layer) to run it:

http://www.mtc-comp.com/vso/patin-couffin_setup.exe

3. trentonp

trentonp Member

I used the DVD43, copied the files directly from the DVD to my computer, then selected the video_ts file with DVD copy 2 and burnt the dvd. Then after putting it in my DVD player, it locked up again and wouldnt load it.. Same thing with my computer, the dvd software locks up when i try to play the disk. But still when i go to "explore" and click on one of the partitions or larger files, it will play that part of the movie with my dvd software.. doesnt make sense to me. Any more ideas???

4. trentonp

trentonp Member

could it still be a blank media problem even though the same dvd- disks work when I use the burner that came with the drive?

5. Nephilim

As I said before I'm not familiar with that software but is there an option in it to read directly from the source disc instead of opening files on your hard drive?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  6. trentonp

trentonp Member

I tried to read it directly from the disk, but it will not let me, it says "disk is write protected" even though that DVD43 is running and has a green smilie face.

7. trentonp

trentonp Member

I think I may have found an answer to my question. This DVD copy 2 gold program which i purchased at best buy for $50 does not list my HP DVD530i DL writer as a supported device... Must be too new of a writer. which would explain why the program that came with the writer makes dvds that work and the DVD copy 2 gold does not.. Hopefully Best Buy will take this program back since the box does not say anything about not supporting certain writers. Thanks for your time Nephilim... I could use some help finding a burning program that will support my DVD writer though. Thanks

8. Nephilim

Lol, that'll do it.

Anytime buddy :)

I'd highly suggest getting DVD Shrink (free) and using the money you (hopefully) get back from Best Buy towards Nero6 Ultra which is an outstanding and stable burning suite. It's compatible with most any drive and is quickly updated to support the new ones as they come out. There's a 30 day trial for it at Nero's website.

DVD Shrink is a great app for ripping and compressing films and can also use Nero's burning engine to automate the entire process. Shrink can also use DVD Decrypter's (free) burning engine as well if you don't feel you want all the goodies that come with Nero6 Ultra.

9. trentonp

trentonp Member

I will be spending the money I get back from that program to buy new blank media ;) Wasted 12 disks trying to figure this out!

10. vans12

vans12 Regular member

get another burning program like clonedvd2. see what it does.

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

trentonp, might be wise to buy a couple of RW's til you get your situation straightened out.

I would listen to neph's suggestion about Nero Ultra 6, it's not only a software for DVD backup, but DVD cover design, menu creating, PC backup, Toolkit, burning engine, all your audio needs, PC software player, and tons of other stuff for CD and DVD needs. It is also the default burner for Shrink 3.2. It works well with on the fly tools like AnyDVD or DVD43 too.

You can use it free every month, the entire month til you decide to buy. At the end of the month it must be reloaded on your PC. You can buy it for 59.00.

Hey neph, notice I didn't say 49.00 at you know where.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHW 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004