1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs minus remote... is it possible?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Shachor, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Shachor

Shachor Guest

I may be repeating an oft asked question, but is there a file I can flash to my XBOX (with mod, of course) that will allow me to watch DVDs without buying the remote?
    if so, please direct me to it.
    if not, oh well...

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yes you can play dvd's on your xbox with out buying the dvd remote. Just Download The DVD-X program and FTP it to your Xbox, then you'll be able to watch any DVD from any region with out the remote. it allows u to use your controller as the remote.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Got this Chinese chick had to leave her quick, cuz she kept bootlegin my shit...man" Jay-Z[/small]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  3. Shachor

Shachor Guest

methinks it wouldn't be piracy, matey, if you told me where I could get DVDX.
    eh??
    wink, wink, nudge nudge...
    Say no more, say no more...

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yep i can't give a link to it. it's not piracy its just illegal because it's biult with microsoft code, (monty) me never could get British Comedy and i dont think i ever will. (i'm from the states)

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

all i can say its found in the usual places #xbins and etc...

6. Shachor

Shachor Guest

I'm a Marine, and as such am very very american
    lol
    thanks
    *wonders what the hell a #xbin is
    thanks, man

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

well if you cannot find it PM me and i'll give you the link to the Program and everything you need ok. (wink, wink)

8. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Search Google or Yahoo for DVDX2. Once you download it, extract it (it will probably download as a .rar file).

You will need to ftp the folder called "dvdx2" (or whatever you name it), which will include a file called default.xbe, to your xbox and put it in an "apps" folder on the "E" partition (or wherever you prefer). You will then need to edit your evox.ini file and ensure the line below reads as follows:

DVDPlayer = "e:\apps\dvdx2\default.xbe"

Once complete, a DVD placed in your xbox will automatically bring up the DVDX application and you can play the movie using controls on your gamepad.

Hope this helps.
    DJ