1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs won't play on standalone apex

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by rx29, May 28, 2005.

1. rx29

rx29 Member

Sorry if I missed the answer elsewhere, my dvds won't play on player. I used dvd decrypter and dvd shrink which worked before. Also, some 5 vegie tales I bought for my son skips and has major distortion but work fine at the store, Walmart, which wouldn't take them back. Any ideas?
    Also, is there a way around purchasing Nero burning rom? Is there a different program which is freeware? Thanks and have a good night!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should check to see if your DVD"s will Play on a Different Player because it sounds Like there might be a problem with your Player Cuz you said it won"t play a Store Bought disk you have but it will Play on a different DVD Player.....

You can Burn DVD"s useing "DVD Decryptor"...It will let you Burn ISO files and Video_TS folders to DVD...I have a few Old Retail Coppies of Nero 5.5 that came with a few Burners I bought, If you want I can Mail you one of them?? Version 5.5 works well For CD/DVD Burning it jst doesn"t have the features of Nero 6....

If you want it just let me Know....Cheers

3. rx29

rx29 Member

Thanks. I used dvd decrypter;the annoying thing is,it is not playing on any of my computer players either. I decrypt and encrypt and nothing.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well have you tried useing Different DVD Media??? as I have Boughten a Few Brands of Media that I could Burn no Problem but after burning not even the Drive that Burned the Disk can read the Disk....

Just a Thought....Good Luck

5. rx29

rx29 Member

Hi Minion:
    I hope you get this! Could you still send me Nero 5? We have been busy here,and major stressed:I am not thinking in a well ordered fasion lately. I use DVD Decrypter and Dvd Shrink- where does Nero come in? I used Rat and it took4 Hours! Do I need a driver- I heard of ATI Catalyst but I can't remember where. Forgive me for being rather an idiot. Really stressed right now. Take care and thanks!

6. rx29

rx29 Member

Oh- forgot to mention, my programs are working but nothing plays in the players or my standalone. I want to get them to play for the kids on the television. I also want to copy and play assorted downloads- Thanks,and if I can help back let me know!

7. Shneur

Shneur Guest

Let me put my two cents in because I'm having a similar problem. Some DVDs I copy play fine everywhere, others play fine on the computer but not at all on the standalone/TV setup (CyberHome), and still others start out OK but soon get "all broke up" on both the computer and the TV. I thought maybe my copy of DVD Decrypter was corrupted so I'd reinstall it, but now for the last two days I can't get to their website. I keep getting a message, "Connection refused," which makes me feel very unloved. All suggestions gratefully appreciated...

8. rx29

rx29 Member

I had a similiar experiance last night. I am started to get parinoid.I got a mournful sad but true message from duke8888 about p2ps and him supposedly going to jail.Hah! I doubt that! He is sure active for a guy going/in jail. Anyway,dvd dycrypter is either having problems or is closed.
    If you really want to feel smacked on the nose try an emule irc.Wow! they are nasty!

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

if you guys are having trouble with dvd decrypter try some other programs, a few you can use are dvd shrink with anydvd running in the background and nero to burn or dvdclone2 with anydvd or Intervideo DVDCopy3 with anydvd (which iam using) all thoses work with GREAT quality. also when your burning with nero booktype to
    dvd-rom that option makes your dvds more compatable in standalone players

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and oh yes GOOD blank media is a must NO memorex ,use either TY,Verbatium or Ritek and burn at 4X max this will save you alot of headaches

11. rx29

rx29 Member

thanks!aabbccdd, I tried any dvd,then dvd decrypter,then Dvdshrink,where does nero go? I used dvd shrink alone successfully before- I just insalled aspi driver- it had disappeared- will that help? I guess I will see-

12. rx29

rx29 Member

Will sony do? thanks again!

13. rx29

rx29 Member

I just installed aspi driver but whenI tried to install AnologXDX man ist said I am still missing componants

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

sonys ok if its the Made In Japan which most likly would be the DVD + R media .as far as using nero with dvd shrink when your click backup a target box will come up then you can change it to burn with nero or dvd decrypter