1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSANTA - No audio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pierrrre, Apr 6, 2005.

1. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Hi,

Last night I tried to convert and .avi file with DVDSANTA. It was my first attempt such a thing. Every thing went fine (well, almost everything), DVDSANTA ask if I wanted to burn and I did it. The problem is that there was no audio files created on the hard drive (audio_ts folder is empty) and obviously burned on the DVD. Video is perfect however. Just no sound and no error message.

Anybody know why it happened?

Thanks

2. Webuser

Webuser Member

Go here http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html and get your g-spot. Open your file in g-spot this will tell you if you have the right codecs on your system. It sounds to me like you are missing an audio codec.
    When DVD Santa encodes your avi file it sounds like it produces a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder? (havent used DVD Santa), the AUDIO_TS folder doesnt have to have any files in it. They are produced that way. Its best to include it though when burning, as some stand alone dvd players look for it.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

There are actually two possibilities:

1) Missing codec. For that, try download and install K-Lite Codec Pack (full version) from here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

(do read the instructions)

2) DVDSanta not integrating well with the codecs. For that, try change the codec of the avi (e.g. into XviD), or convert it into another format (e.g. mpeg) before using DVDSanta.

Good luck!

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Have you tried playing the dvds' in a stand-alone player?

Using DVDSanta I have the same 'audio problem' playing the resulting dvd in my PC,, they will however play in my stand-alone?

regards gringle.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2005
  5. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Thank you all for your help.

Yes, I tried to play the DVD on two different stand alone DVD players. Neither of them give me audio.

I downloaded klcodec and will give it another try.

I will let you know how it turned out.

Thanks again

6. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Hi,

I tried it again with the new codecs and I kept getting DVDSanta to crash after 10 seconds of encoding. I reinstalled DVDSanta on top and the problem was solved. DVDSanta do not crash anymore and encoded my movie WITH audio. Great!

Thanks guys, it is appreciated

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

That's because DVDSanta was not integrating well with the new codecs installed. Anyway, glad that it worked.