1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink/ Nero buring problem disc ejects at 75% of burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bsustar, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bsustar

bsustar Member

I'm currently having a slight problem burning DVD-R's from a video dvd. I use DVD shrink to encode the movie to my hard drive then I insert the disc after it's finished. It burns to about 75% then says there is an error and ejects the disc. Is it the dvd i'm trying to copy? the files on my computer? I have tried to burn the dvd using shrink and nero both eject around 75%. I have a pioneer dvd-r burner and I'm using memorex dvd-r's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you sure you shrunk the movie down far enough to fit on 1 DVD R ?

3. colw

colw Active member

And do you have sufficient free space on your hard drive - 8 to 10 Gb recommended.

4. bsustar

bsustar Member

Yes I have shrunk it to an appropriate size. And I do have at least 20 gigs of free space on the hd.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello bsustar, you said you shrunk it down to size,you have plenty of hard drive spac,that leaves 1 last probable cause, those memorex -r's!

Unless you know which memorex are the good ones,"10%"
    the rest are garbage.

If you don't want to upgrade to better media,then slow that burnspeed down as far as you can and also set that target to 4300 mbs. You may even have to decrease that target further. Poor media can do a number on dvd burning. It's the #1 issue whether it is just burning, stand alone compatability and longevity.

Pioneer is an excellent high quality burner. I don't know what model you have,but it don't like those memorex -r's. Try some maxell yellow tops,tdk, or fujis. If you live here in the usa, staple's have the maxell + and - 4x on sale,spindle of 15 for $5.94. This is an excellent price on this fine media.I just picked up some maxell -4x and they check out as rgmxl-02, excellent media.

Also,memorex is not highly recommended here at ad.You may have gotten the cmags.

Later