1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdx xpress

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leo8013, Apr 29, 2003.

1. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

has anyone used this yet. is it any good.

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Yes it's not bad but before you decide to get it try DVD Shrink - it does everything Xpress does and more but it's totally free! It's also easy to use. You have two main options - one to delete all the extras and then compress to fit the main movie only to disc or compress the entire contents to one disc (Xpress doesn't give you that option). Once the files have been uploaded to your PC (I put them on desktop for easy use) you then use Nero 5.5 to burn to disc. Remember DVD Shrink downloads as a zip file so you need to be able to open this - any problems let me know.

3. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

i already use dvd2one that lets me do just the movie or the entire disc with features. I have been making backups for a while. I was just wondering if the quality looks better with dvdx xpress with the entire disc copied

4. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You can't copy the entire disc with Xpress - only the movie itself but I have to confess it looks slightly better with Xxpress especially with large disc sizes (6Gb or more).

5. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

You say dvdxcopy express copies only movie. Does that include closed captioning. I need that. Couldn't find that asked and answered on their FAQ forum...

6. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

according to dvdxcopy.com i emailed them and they said that express will put an entire dvd onto one disc with extras

7. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Thats nonsense - you can't. You don't get any options like that. It does a good job of compressing the movie only onto one disc, but that's all. If you want the whole thing you have to use DVDShrink or copy2one. I don't know why they told you that - obviously they want you do buy it anyway.