1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdx2 dvd-r not playing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pfitz, May 3, 2003.

1. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

i was wondering if anyone has came across problems with the dvdx2 for the xbox. my original dvds play fine, but my dvd-r backups will hardly never play. i did get one or two to play out of sixty. they all play fine on my home dvd player. i came across a patch on the internet and now the dvd-r's are recognized and played because i hear the audio, but no video. can anyone give me some suggestions? i cleaned my dvd drive so that is not an issue. i had one more question, i have two movies that i compressed using rempeg v1..5.2 and it has a .m2v extension. is that extension the same as .mpeg2 or mpeg? how can i convert it from .m2v to .mpeg2?

Last edited: May 3, 2003
  2. ceamonkey

ceamonkey Guest

wassup pfitz..

what program do you use to burn the backup movies to dvd-r? if you use nero, you need to edit one option to make them play in the xbox (just go through teh dvd wizard and make a new video dvd. Add your files, but before you burn, go to File > Compilation Info. Then go to the ISO tab, and UNCHECK Joilet. Burn it and see if it plays in your xbox..

otherwise i would suggest burning the movies using Stomp Recordnow Max

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

as of matter of fact, i use both. neither of them give me problems when i play my backups on my ps2 or home dvd player. the very first time i installed dvdx2 or copied the files over to the xbox hdd, a couple of backups played-2 to be precise, and never again. i was just wondering if you ever seen a little red circle crossed out on the bottom right of the screen after dvdx2 boots? what does it signify?