1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDxcopy Express???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Acolon, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Acolon

Acolon Guest

Is this a movie only tool and does not keep menu or allow dts sound?? Don't wanna purchase if it don't give menus or allow my dts titles to be backed up.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. jlbell

jlbell Member

I tried DVD XCopy XPress and found it to be pretty fast, terribly easy to use and the results weren't bad at all. However... It definitely does NOT give you a choice of which soundtrack you want to keep, so say goodbye to DTS soundtracks! Like all other programs of its kind (those that compress "just the movie" from a dual-layer DVD down to fit on a single-layer DVD), it also eliminates all menus, subtitles, alternate soundtracks and "extra" features. So, if it does what you want, it's a pretty good product. If it doesn't, you need to keep looking.

For me, since I prefer DTS soundtracks (if I can get them to fit), I ended up using DVDShrink (to rip) and Nero Burning ROM (to burn). It's more work on my part, but I've like the results better. Also, there's no copyright warning screens and I can back up by backups (you can't use DVD XCopy XPress to make a backup copy of a backup you made with DVD XCopy XPress).

4. haiphan02

haiphan02 Member

" (you can't use DVD XCopy XPress to make a backup copy of a backup you made with DVD XCopy XPress)."

Is this the same deal with DVDXCopy? you can't make a copy of a backup you made with DVDXCopy?

5. jlbell

jlbell Member

My understanding is that DVD XCopy and DVD XCopy Xpress will not allow backups to be made from backups. That is, you can't back up a movie using either tool, then make a backup from that backup using either tool. The folks at DVD XCopy seem to figure that forcing you to make your backups from originals plus having the "This is a backup" splash screen added to your backup will increase the likelihood of your using their products ONLY to backup DVDs that you personally own and therefore have a legal right to back up. They are treading a thin line here to keep the movie people from suing them into non-existance.

6. yoyoman

yoyoman Guest

DVDXCopyXpress will copy a DTS Soundtrack if it isavalible. Just click on ask me option and change the prefered audio track to DTS.