1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy Freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twinpeaks, Mar 2, 2004.

1. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Member

Hello,

DVD X Copy was working great for me until I swapped from a mid-tower to a SFF (same chipset, different manufacturer.) Now the thing freezes when beginning to write. The only thing I can guess is that I did update to the newest version previously before using the program. The update notes from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 talk about a Spanish lanugage update or something insignificant but I'm still wondering if this might be the cause of my troubles. Does anyone still have the actual update file and might they be able to assist me with the possibility of differences? The update file has been pulled from 321's website. I have an NEC 1300A burner.

Thanks

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hiya twin peaks

cant say i've been impressed with dvdx copy..why not try downloading Dvdshrink and Dvddecrypter (both are free) and shrink will automatically use nero if you have it

3. wlloyd

wlloyd Guest

Twinpeaks:

First, welcome to the club on XCopy. Most of us of the forum have been there. That "freezing" will spell the death of XCopy(I predict), if a patch is not inserted. Here is what I have found with XCopy: You get a red or green light: Success or Failure. If your blank DVD is ready(recordable, scratch-free,etc),if you have provided for a temp file for the Read, if your burner is compatible and ready, you should be able to produce burned movie DVD in some 43 minutes.(quicker if you have a rocket burner).

Unless you get your kicks from being on hold, forget about tech support from 321Studios. If you craft your email cleverly, you may realize some communciation in that way with 321Studios. Expect at least one-day wait.

Cheers!

wlloyd

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yeah like viper said try dvd shrink
    or dvd decrypter then dvd2one

they are the best I have seen and all are free except dvd2one that lets you have it for a trial period

5. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Member

Thanks all. DVDXcopy worked great until I formatted the hard drive and lost the patch 3.0.2 -> 3.0.4. Simple to use, plug and go - there are some things that I would spend the time on learning and experimenting with but this is not one of them. I travel a lot and time is valuable. That's why I bought this program - I had about 5 movies stolen from me out of a hotel room last year. I plan to copy my bought DVDs and travel with the copies. Also it was far easier to copy even some of my homemade DVDs with about 2 clicks of the mouse than to go through Nero's interface. I'm not sure if the 3.0.2->3.0.4 patch will solve my problem or not. Anyone know if it's available anywhere?

6. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

I'm not sure if this'll help, but it cant hurt.
    try updating your ASPI layer, it may be corrupted.
    This is the communication layer between your OS and the burner.
    Here's the link.
    http://www.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/license-download.pl
    You MUST read the instructions or it wont install correctly.There is also a "aspichk" in the folder, this will test and verify correct installation.
    GOOD LUCK

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

8. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Member

Thanks - what I did was switch to the NERO burning engine. I haven't checked one of my copyright DVDs but I'm away from home 4 nights a week so I will soon....some of my home made stuff worked fine (no freezing.)