1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy Plat vs. DVD Shrink? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Floydio, Jan 23, 2004.

1. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Tried DVD Shrinl Clone DVD DVDto 1 DVD Decrypter SmartRipper Nero
    Even tried Tinkerbell's magic Dust
    This is why I only use DVD SHRINK now
    I Guess I'm Just Going to loose the movies I've done W/DVDxCopy
    CD CHECK Did'nt work Either Rung up some 2000 Errors before I shut it Down

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2004
  3. hdmax

hdmax Member

If you must use 321 software, then once the ripping is complete and before the burning id started. Just copy the temperary dvd files to another folder (as long as you have the space) then make as many copies as you have dvd disk.

I have paid for Platinum and Gold from 321, and I very seldom try to use them anymore. (I said try, because more then half of the copies either do not complete the burn, or they do not play correctly)

I purchased a not too well known dvd copy software called "1Click DVD Copy" it is way better and just as fast if not faster. And you can save it to your hard drive to burn later or to just keep there. It also lets you save it to the original file size if you would like.

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I've already got movies copied with dvd xcopy.I don't want to use it anymore I don't like it.Please read my questions a little more thoroughly I WANT TO MAKE COPIES OF MY DVD's MADE WITH DVD XCOPY.Not use DVD xCOPY It's crap

5. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Hi Rick5446,
    I also have several movies made with DVD X Copy Platinum and Express, I found that I can copy them using Nero 6 or higher by simply clicking on copy Disk.
    DVD Rescue which comes with Platinum will copy them as well.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

just use clone to reproduce it

7. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I have both xCopy Plat. and DVDShrink. Both have worked great for me. I do have one question though: From one program to the other, if I do a backup of an entire disk (all audio and extras), which one would give me the better final look with the compression (aside from the 10 second 321 studio screen)?

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

To ellizit!!!By far I say DVDShrink

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

To Yordan!!! I've got nero 6.0 Fantastic Program
    Tried to burn,but at about 84% complete just tells me error can't finish Disc.Therefore the disk is ruined.Only use DVDShrink from now on...And only use RITEK A04 4x Discs.
    Found a lot or errors on my Discs using DVDinfo Pro on Princo &,Memorex Discs.So a lot of my problem was inferior Disc's-they would not let me re-copy anything.Gain a lot of experience from this neighborhood,THANK TO EVERYBODY HERE,Members,& Newbies to.Never to old to learn & EXPERIMENT
    So I'm rideing Seabiscuit rite now,& I ain't gettin of
    Burned 40 strait Ritek A04 4x not 1 flaw.Can make copies of them all

10. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

yes

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2006
  11. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

go to reauthor (you can only do this if you are going to only copy the movie) and hit the thing above saying "start and end frames" then move the slide bar for END to where the credits start in the preview.

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hey Arkfeld Down load ANy DVD works great.You can even find a crack for it.
    Knocks out all the DVD Locks

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

yeah- but that isnt free. also it might not be the encryption- some dvds have corrupt data on them and NO ripping program can figure it out- try CD Check-

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

15. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

yes

16. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

seems like alot of unneccasary work when a free program does it for you

17. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

no

18. taclark

taclark Guest

Arkfeld,

The way I look at it is that you and I, and a lot of others, made financial contributions to the legal fight to preserve the fair use right to copy our DVDs. So I don't feel too badly about it. Like everyone around here, we can only hope 321 Studios wins their case or at least gets the laws changed so that fair use rights are permitted under the DMCA.

19. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

Hahahaha....That was good. Didnt think about it that way. I feel good about myself now.

20. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

no