1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxcopy platinum 4.0.3.b update

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by odubb, Mar 19, 2004.

1. smcnabb

smcnabb Member

IQ_ZERO,
    I'm wondering if you're downloading the right file, because v.4038 is the last version released that had the ripper.

I do have a question thought, I'm downloading this file right now and it says that its the full install. When I go to install this, will it detect that I already have v.321 installed, and it will only upgrade then, or will I have have to uninstall v.321 and install v.4038? One more thing, if I have to do the full install of v.4038 do I just use my v.321 licence and password?

Is there just an upgrade available?

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  2. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

I did the same thing that you said. You may want to look at the size of the Xpress and Platinum (Application0 files, they are much smaller thant you 3.2.1. version.

3. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

here's a question im not so sure if its smart or dum but i just download the xcopy platinum but i don't have a serial number where can i get one of those at?

4. smcnabb

smcnabb Member

guinnyss,
    You will have to purchase the software to get that #, and I would suggest that you do so soon, before all copies of the software with the ripper are sold (gone forever). You may be able to find a copy of it at a software/computer store.

I know this isn't the answer that you're looking for, but what we are looking for is the update/upgrade from v.321.

5. smcnabb

smcnabb Member

IQ_ZERO,
    What do you mean "you did the same thing that I said". I'd like to know what part you're talking about, because I said alot?

6. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

smcnabb,
    I did not uninstalled the ver 3.2.1. After I double click the 4.0.3.8 full installation, it started to installed in the same directory as my old one. I don't think I need to type in the License number and Past word. But anyway, after done that, I tells me that the movie has CCS and it won't rip it.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hey everybody. dvdxcopy v4.0.3.8 does have a ripper in it. and you can still get it http://www.filesearching.com and search dvdxcopy. I recommend uninstalling v4.0.4.15RF. Thenk install v4.0.3.8 and once you've done this and you still want the RF version install it then, it won't rewrite 4.0.3.8 , but it will rewrite dvdxrescue so click cancel when it pulls that up.

I use both the RF version is actullay more complete. It will let you browse for ts_folders to burn. You can use dvddecrypter to create those ts_folders. Also if you don't want to buy dvdxcopy, just use dvdshrink and dvddecrypter its free and works perfect.

8. flip218

smcnabb v4.0.3.8 is the upgrade/update. Your 3.2.1 license and password just activates you dvdxcopy platinum what ever version. And don't forget to uninstall v4.0.4.15RF first, because I don't think it will update a newer version. You can have both ripper version and ripper free version and both will work.

9. mkaone

mkaone Member

hello, so IQ_ZERO were you able to download and install 4.0.3.8 version with ripper and it still worked? File from filesearch.com
    Thanks
    mka

10. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

I don't know if that version has the ripper, but I did donload it from that web site. Also after I installed it, I notice the two files(Express and Platinum application files) are much smaller in size than the old ones. Does anyone have this same end result. With the smaller files, does the ripper work?

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  11. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

guinnyss: you can get a serial number in the actual box. Piracy is not condoned here.

12. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

After all the search, I found out that one of my friends has purchased a copy of the latest V4.3.0.8. I borrowed the disk and installed the program in my machine. The program uses my ID and Password from my V3.2.1 and everything is working fine. Before I had no luck with the downloaded files from the web. Oddly enough the file on the disk is also 13913 KB, and aftr installed the Express and Platinum application files are 605 and 655 KB respectively. I have zipped the whole disk and I don't mind sharing this with anyone who wants it, but I don't know how to send it out.

13. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Just update to platinum RF 4.0.4.15 there is a way to put the ripper back in Platinum RF 4.0.4.15 or any RF they just changed a little file to make it RF so if you change it back there will be no need to have 3rd party software. DO A SEARCH FOR 321RIP and you will find everything you need. Once again it will work on all RF. platinum RF Xtreme/Xpress RF any RF that they have come out with it works on.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  14. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

I found out in order to update to RF, one has to call Studio 321 and get a new License ID and Password before one can download the RF version. Does it mean that I would have to give up the Non RF vrsion?

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

No I have both platinum and platinum RF on the same computer they both use same password and reg who did you talk to? First I had platinum venison 3.2.1 I wanted platinum RF 4.0.4.15 I had them ship me the CD for 4.0.4.15 I think it was $8 you could do the download for free but I was having problems downloading it. I never called anyone. Just do the download and put in the password that they gave you when you first ordered the platinum.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  16. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hello, So what is the low down on all the versions? Should we download and install v4.0.3.8? Does it have the ripper in it?
    Should I install ver 4.0.4.15 and try to find 321RIP and install that. By the way I could not find a file 321 RIP.
    Will that contain the ripper then?
    Thanks
    mkaone

17. mrpiojo

mrpiojo Guest

i have be able to get rip free from platinun
    i have be able to copy a back up dvd with
    roxio 7
    same quality

18. Yordan

Yordan Guest

I have the latest Platinum with the ripper before it was pulled of the shelfs on a CD I do not mind sharing it with people who need this updated version as long as you find a way for me to send you the file. As Cowfuton says check this first

http://www.filesearching.com

19. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

I have every version of 321 software.
    PM me with your request and your windows or msn IM address and I can transfer the file to you.

20. flip218

mkaone,

If you have v4.0.4.15RF, yes I would install that version. Because the browse button works and it can rip now. And 321rip makes it a ripper, download and put it into the RF file and execute the patch.
    http://321rip.tripod.com/