dvdxcopy platinum 4.0.3.b update

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by odubb, Mar 19, 2004.

1. chumDVD

chumDVD Member

Hi there I have 4.0.3 where can I find the patch or codes for it I keep getting that screen pop up asking for activation. Can anyone help

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

chumDVD,

First off. Rule #5
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Now with that being said... Are you out of activations? If so, you can get more you just have to call 321studios. Their hours are 9-6pm Central Time, Mon-Sat... best time to call is when the call center first opens.

3. backohead

backohead Member

Speaking of XCOPY Platinum if i wanted to sell mine on Ebay can another user register it? Ive only activated it once and no longer use it really. I see alot of poeple selling Used copies for a fortune and i wondered if the people buying them will be able to register them online. Thanks for your help.

4. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

No they will not be able to register the xcopy software. 321studios is anal about this.

5. Ott_Canuk

Ott_Canuk Member

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Omg is this post still going on...

by the way, good site Ott_Canuk

7. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Should I install ver 4.0.4.15 and try to find 321RIP and install that. By the way I could not find a file 321 RIP.
    Will that contain the ripper then?

To anyone thats says that can not find 321rip. You didn't try looking because when I put 321rip in the search the 2nd that pops up is. (321RIP! DVDXcopy (all versions) RF to Ripper Enabled file patcher its even at the bottom of this post where the links are for other post.
    Hits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9). Don't say you cant find it when you didn't even look. Do you want some one to hold your hand like a little child and help you. Should we change your dipper as well???? People that really need the help don't get it as fast because some people don't want to do anything for them selfs and want everyone to do it for them. My favorite one is I try-ed looking for it but I could not find it and when I go to the search its the first or 2nd one there. Its time to come up with a better one that one is getting old.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  8. backohead

backohead Member

So basically as far as Selling a used copy of DVDXCopy Platinum its a no go? Ive seen many copies on Ebay that were used. This mean's all the suckers that buy those wont be able to use them? Bummer, I could use the 75 bucks or so there selling for on Ebay.

9. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

THere is a way now.

You can log on to the 321 site under the license id and password. Goto the support page and change the information to the new purchaser.
    This will ensure support to the new owner and downloads.

10. backohead

backohead Member

Cool thanks. Guess i could sell it if I decide too then
    :)

11. platnm630

platnm630 Guest

Hi,
    In reference to the dvd x copy updates, I have all three of them up for auction on yahoo.

12. platnm630

platnm630 Guest

Hi everyone. This site is wonderful, and tons of information to weed through...

Ok, I have dvd x copy xpress ver. 3.2.1 and platinum ver. 3.2.1. I also have the latest update for platinum, 4.0.3.8.

I get the same error msg about the CCS encryption and it cannot copy this disk... So, I uninstall it, and go back to the original version, and no problesms. However, I did like some of th choices with the latest version.

Long story short, am I correct to assume that if I reinstall the 4.0.3.8 update for platinum and the 321 patch, that it will still be a ripper version and work? Or am I confused with the RF version with the patch?

I am downloading the one from the tripod site now.

Oh, I know what I needed also... You mentioned a number of activations with 321... How many do you get? I am lost on this.. cause when I uninstall and then install, the program doesn't ask me for user id or password.. Anyone who can explain, please do....

13. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Doing the unistall procedure for the Xcopy software. The registry holds activation info, Thats why when you reninstall, no activation is needed. Now if you format the HDD, activation is necessary.

As far as the number of activations go, just email 321 studios support with your license id and password as well as your registration info,and they will add more activations .

14. platnm630

platnm630 Guest

Great, Thanks... Last question. I still have the problem that if I install the update to platinum and then put in a disc, I get the error that this version is css encrypted and cannot be copied.

So, do I need to do that 321patch that I have read about on here?

Thanks again. Oh, BTW, 321 studios knows and approves of the selling of the updates on yahoo. Ebay won't allow it, but yahoo does.

15. platnm630

platnm630 Guest

I think it's name is 321patch? Is that it? Just trying to help.

16. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

The name is 321Rip.

The problem may be that when you uninstal the first version 3.2.1, you arent doing it correctly and there are some residuals.

To correctly uninstall the Xcopy software.

In control panel>add/remove>dvd xcopy,click remove .,if Platinum, removed Xrescue also.
    Goto My computer>double click c:>program files>321 studios, now delete xcopy folder.
    Now back to the desktop. Empty the recycle bin and reboot twice.
    This is the correct method to uninstall xcopy

Now try installing the newer version. If you are getting the css error. Open the 321 software by clicking on the icon. Now play the movie, for 30 seconds,in a DVD ovie player, such as Cyberlinks Power DVD or WinDVD. Now while the movie is playing, go to xcopy and cliscfk the start button. Now after, say 30 seconds, close the DVD player and continue to burn. You should only have to do this procedure once.