1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy & Scarface backup = no menus

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Goant79, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Goant79

Goant79 Guest

I'm trying to back up my new Scarface DVD with DVDXCopy Platinum... burn goes with no problems like my other backups, but when I play the movie it leaves out the menus.. I use PowerDVD 5 from which I can choose language and subtitles.. I can also find the menus for language and audio if I choose them manually through PowerDVD but when I choose the main menu I get a black page.. I've made sure I checked all Titles before doing the backup..

Have tried twice now with the exact same error..

It just shows the Warning, then the Universal intro, then a menu for language-choose (before it sends you to the mainmenu on the original disc) and when I choose language it starts the movie with english subtitles without leading me to the mainmenu..

2. odubb

odubb Member

just use dvd decryptor and save yourself the headache man.xcopy platinum has no support anymore from 321.

3. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Goant: I know this isnt the answer to your question but, it is the answer to your problems...get rid of X copy. I was one of the very first buyers and used it for some time. As soon as I got past the 2 hour learning curve with software like Nero, Decrypter, and DVD2One, I never looked back. I never even got the updates, its just such a piece of crap I cant tell you.

Xcopy added watermarks, spy software, FBI warning screens, inability to copy a copy etc.. and caused so many compatibility problems with the uninstall, reinstall issues I cant even tell you.

Learn to use the above mentioned software, in fact, PM me with any questions and I will help you through it. You should be able to find the answer to any questions you have right here but, if you are like me nad hate weeding thru 200 posts, just PM me and I will help you via PM or we can exchange emails.

Just get rid of Xcopy for petes sake.

4. Goant79

Goant79 Guest

Argh.. just wasted 3 dvd's to find out your method does the exact same thing.. it leaves out the menu just as well.. only thing that makes this method better is DVD-BACKUP screen doesn't show (obviously) but the whole process takes 20min longer and is more complicated..

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Goant79

Did you try the DVD2ONE method using the "full disk" mode or "movie only" mode?

6. Goant79

Goant79 Guest

Both.. I started with the "Joined" and selected the things I wanted.. But when the movie turned out the same (without the unselected subtitles though) I thought it was because I didn't choose the "full disc" which I did on the second try with DVD2One and it failed at creating the menu as well..

7. brian100

brian100 Guest

Goant79

Sorry to hear that mate. heres another suggestion..Have you tried DVDshrink yet?..it can be donwloaded (free) from this site. There is also a very good guide on this forum giving a good description on backing up your DVD9 with shrink.

Have patience mate..im sure we will get to the bottom of this.

8. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I used the DVDShrink & Nero combination to make a backup of Scarface without any problem (Disc 1 & 2, although I take it that you are having problems with the first disc). Give DVDShrink a try. I have xcopy plat. and still use it sometimes (hardly ever), but shrink has worked really well for me.

Good luck!