1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxcopy skipping/freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ksb, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ksb

ksb Member

Hello,
    First off Iam new at this computer dvd burning, I have burnt several dvds using my dvd player/recorder with alot of success, but it doesnt "copy" the dvd it just records what is fed through it. Iam using dvdxcopy plat. on my computer with a sony DRU-530A burner and fujifilm dvd-r. Iam having about a 50% success rate. The messed up movies will play perfect untill it gets about an hour or so into the movie, then it freezes/skipps realy bad (unwatchable). I make sure to restart my computer and run ad-aware, then I do a ctrl-alt-delete and shut down everything with my user name and my screen saver is off. I do this every time and half the movies end up skipping/freezing and the others are absolutely perfect. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

HI ksb, The problem you are having is usually caused by poor quality blank media. I don't use Fuji media so I'm not sure how good it is. Sometimes its just a matter of finding a brand that your burner likes the best. Maybe try some Ritek grade A media and see if that clears up your problem. Since you are having some success I don't think its your process or system.

Jerry

3. kringles

kringles Regular member

The Fujifilm DVD-r that I bought has a media code of Ritek G03 (2X). You can download a free copy of DVDinfopro at http://www.dvdinfopro.com that will give you the media code and a lot of other information about the media and drive you ar using. It is free (had ads but no spyware I know about).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  4. ksb

ksb Member

Thanks for the info, being new to this I didnt realize there was such a difference in media but after reading all the posts I see that is a very common answer, thanks agian and I will post as soon as I get some new dvd's.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You can get the most current ripper version here:
    http://www.321sales.co.uk/download.htm

Your problem is with your media ... To be successful with XCopy you need to burn at 4x or slower. The problem with buying 4x media, is most burners with updated firmware will burn 4x at 8x ... which doesn't help your cause. My suggestion is to find some branded Verbatim 2.4x media.

Also future XCopy questions should be posted on aD's XCopy forum. Thanks
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

6. ksb

ksb Member

Wow! thanks for the super fast responses. Would buying 4x dvd's and setting the burner speed to 4x or lower have the same result as purchasing the slower dvd's?

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

See what was in my previous post? You cannot control the burn with XCopy, unless you get 2.4x media.

Your original question had to do with XCopy. If you use an alternative method of backing up you can. Example if you burn with Nero or DVD Decrypter.

8. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

hello ksb
    Honestly I would get rid of DVDXCopy as to they are no longer offering there software they just lost a lawsuit requiring them to pay a fine...I use DVD Shrink @ www.dvdshrink.org its free and works great. And yes the skipping is the media.. I prefer ProDisk you can find them @ www.supermediastore.com for around $0.36 each really cheap but work great never had a coaster they are rated 5 out of 5. 107 pioneer quality test done, like i say I have used over 100 now and no coasters...DVD shrink works great (quick and simple) never had one problem