1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY VERSION 5

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by colar11, Jul 6, 2005.

1. colar11

colar11 Member

Hi Has Anybody Got it,& How Good Is It? And If So Is It Worth Getting.

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

no i havent seen it yet. will it handle the sony across and puppet lock?

3. ireland

ireland Active member

I did test the new v5,AS ITS STANDS TODAY IT WILL NOT COPY THE NEWER SONY PROTECTION.
    The upgrade will cost you $85.00 if you can prove you owned a previous version of platinum from 321 studio.
    I would look into platinum-rf that is if you owned a previous version of platinum and activated.
    CHEERS

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  4. bailbail

bailbail Member

I have been trying for 4 days to activate my copy of dvdxcopy and still no luck. I am so disappointed that I am asking for my money back.

My errors are information rejected by server

5. recondo

recondo Guest

Why would you plp. put yourself through this, just use AnyDVD and CloneDVD,Its cheaper and results in better quality.

6. bailbail

bailbail Member

I want the new version 5 for the new copy protection problems

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@bailbail

If you are having problems with the program, and have questions try the Xcopy forum there is plenty of info and answers :)

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

8. davidw001

davidw001 Regular member

Save yourself a butt-load of money and get AnyDvd (30$ with discount after 21 day trial),Dvddecrypter (free), and DvdShrink (free). There is no decryption out there that these progams can't defeat! Plus, I have gotten way better quality after dumping platinum! Less coasters and these programs run pretty much trouble free!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  9. bailbail

bailbail Member

I have them both and they wont remove any new css out there such as movies triple x. Any More ideas

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The new version of AnyDVD has no problem with XXX. I used Decrypter on this movie and it ripped. Try doing the movie only.

11. bailbail

bailbail Member

is your v 5.4.11

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes that is the current version.

13. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i remember using dvdxcopy on pc.. when i had one.. and i hated it... my brother in law. he wanted me to help him use it. we hated it..
    i turned him to aD, and he's using the dvdshrink, decrypter and nero...

just what i think.

14. ireland

ireland Active member

i sure want all ye guys to heads up..a bunch of the old afterdawn/dvdxcopy guys tested the new dvdxcopy Platinum v5.0.0.11 OR v5.0.0.13 and the dvdxsoftware Platinum 2.1.0.43..
    none of them can copy the new "Sony ARccOS protection" as tried on those movies.

"Resident Evil - Apocalypse" (US) or "Little Black Book"house of flying daggers and Forgotten.
    Settec ALPHA-DVD protection"
    as found on "Old Boy -The Grudge, Hutch and many more titles.

Those programs did the above movies..
    dvdxcopy Platinum 40415rf and any dvd and clonedvd2 and any dvd.
    cheers

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  15. bailbail

bailbail Member

are you saying try clone dvd and anydvd

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@bailbail

As Ireland stated Xcopy will not do the new protections. The only way these were done was with the ripper free version of the program using AnyDVD in the background. If you want a program that will do the new protections the use AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

17. Prelude22

Prelude22 Regular member

There are many software out there that are 10 to 100 times better that XCopy Plat. But once in a while I still use it. It reminds me of my very first backup......a coaster. LOL.

18. seleena

seleena Guest

Ummmm I am using DVDXcopy5 international
    Hitch copied just fine. So did Grudge and several other new movies I have. Not sure what other peoples problems are with it.

Works Great for me and for my friend. Multiple programs are too much for him to comprehend.

I will use one of the other strippers if I have to, but clicking twice is so much easier =)

I use it all the time and haven't gotten any coasters. Actually Even though I am pretty much a neophyte at this. I haven't produced too many coasters from the beginning.

I have a BenQ 1620 with newest firmware for my burner.
    I have an Asus DVD Rom that is ancient as my player.
    I slip the movie in the dvd rom, blank K-Hypermedia in dvd r.
    double click dvdxcopy plat and click simple and yes and come back in about 30 min for my copied dvd.

Maybe it is because I am playing it on such an old DVD Rom drive.
    Maybe it is because I still have my Gearsec drivers installed.
    I have noticed that some programs seem to uninstall those. I had to reinstall them, and I always check to make sure they are actually loaded before trying to burn. LOL heck I shut down everything possible before starting a burn. Not a big deal with 2 computers and my burner being my secondary one.

19. Prelude22

Prelude22 Regular member

Is this based on the old 321 versions or totally different. How's the picture quality and does it have that stupid warning?

20. seleena

seleena Guest

Works great it is a completely new version. No nag screen, works faster, does DL disks, will let you browse if you have something on the hard drive already.

I have not had any problems with any of the new copy protected DVDs, I backed up Hitch without a Hitch =) sorry couldn't resist. I have found maybe 1 or 2 movies that gave it a problem. It doesn't make a coaster to let you know there is a problem. It actually says it can't read the disk. Now that may simply have been a problem in the disk in the first place.

I have a High Definition big screen TV and no degradation in picture I can see. I do everything is wide screen since I have one of the wide narrow big screens.

Also I have no idea why people spend so much for name brand disks. Granted I don't use generic disks. K-Hypermedia is what I have always used. They are CHEAP and I have NEVER had a problem with them. I am on my second DVD burner. The first was a hand me down to a friend. Then I bought a new DL one. LOL my burner doesn't even support K-Hypermedia, but it works like a dream with hardly ever a coaster.

I almost never use anything other than the new DVDxCopy Platinium International. I usually will try one of the other dycrypters if I have problems but it is usually the disk at fault not the program.