1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY VERSION 5

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by colar11, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd, arniebear and baldbear

I think you're right - I have not heard anything from anyone as yet that has said that "yes - the program works and it works as it should".

I have now today got back in touch again with international.com to ask for a refund on Version 5 and also to see if they have got any fixes to the problems that people are having at the moment.

BTW, I haven't heard from Ireland - any views or suggestions Ireland?

Thanks for all the help provided.

I will post back in due course to let you know I get on with international.com.

Thanks

2. ireland

ireland Active member

so far there is no update to v5.
    side note:i have been using clonedvd2 since it came out,in the days when there was no anydvd to do the back groung work..
    also i found dvdxcopy 1.52 was the best product put out by 321-studios..a fact 1.52 was not developed by 321-studios. i started out with version 1.0 of dvdxcopy (10-02). i also beta tested all versions of dvdxcopy and xpress..i do not know if ye guys knew this platinum was never compleated it was a rush job as because the sales dropped off on dvdxcopy 1.52....

i was in on the ground floor on the development of platinum tested all beta versions...i never burned to a dvdr,i always used a dvdrw...and to this day i do not have a backup movie using a 321-studio product...in fact most beta testers dropped out of the beta program because platinum did not measure up to the claims of 321-studios.

as to clonedvd2,i have backed up hundreds of movies and never looked back at any product put out by 321-studios and v5.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

that pretty much says it all ireland ,thanks for being honest ,bottom line dvd x copy had the big marketing machine behind them and was able to sell it retail ,thats why it was a success for awhile BUT people in the know as us in here relize that many products such as CloneDVD 2 with anydvd(my fav),Intervideo DVDCopy 3, dvd shrink ,dvd decrypter,DVD rebuilder etc. as just WAY better then x copy

4. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd, arniebear, baldbear, ireland and matt72

Hi all - thanks again for all the posts and replies so far.

BTW, just to let you know, and especially Ireland in particular, I received a response yesterday from international.com saying that:-

"We are still working on the fixes for the latest movies. It seems each new movie has a new encryption on it that is affecting a small portion of our customers. Before I give you a refund and make the software inactive, you can try something that seems to be working for some of our customers.

You can download DVD43 and install it on your computer. DVD43 removes the very latest DVD copy protection. Run the setup file, which installs DVD43 and leaves a yellow smiley face icon on your task bar. DVD43 will run in the background and decrypt movies on the fly. You do not have to do anything, once it is installed.

Insert the DVD you want to copy and wait for DVD43 to detect it (the yellow smiley face turns green). Start DVD X Copy Platinum V5 and copy your movie.

The download is a trial, but in order to get constant updates for all the new movies and free support, we will need to buy it for you. Take the 30-day trial. If it works for you, you can buy it for $20 and we will give you a partial refund for your V5 purchase of $20. We will not deactivate the V5 software, so you will be able to continue to use it, even with the partial refund."

Ireland - any ideas as to why I would still need to use a "third-party" ripper such as DVD43 to use with Version 5?

I don't think that I should have any need to do this because Version 5 has got its own "improved" one, has it not, according to the international.com website?

So why the need to use other programs to achieve what Version 5 is not able to/can't do? - I think it's refund time, don't you?

Any ideas and suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Thats the biggest line of Bullshit i ever heard from any company ,there basically saying that our product WILL NOT work BUT if you use another vendor that it will .well hell dvd shrink(at no cost)with DVD43 will and do the job BETTER than x copy because of the re-authoring capabilities and being able to control the burn speed that x copy cant

[bold]so its def. time to get a refund there Happy37[/bold]

also the bigger problem using the new x copy it doesnt update so when a new movie comes out with new encryption on it 1 month 2 months or 6 months down the road x copy WILL NOT do the movie

where on the other hand anydvd updates for LIFE.
    so do yourself a favor download CloneDVD 2 with anydvd (its a free trial for 21 days) use it and i promise you will be happier with it than x copy .the picture quality is better ,it has re-authoring capabilities and you can control the burn speed ,its def. a NO brainer between the two programs. here the link

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

and a guide to use the programs

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

now go get your money back TODAY!!!

Let us know how it turns out there happy

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2005
  6. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd

Thanks for the reply - I totally agree with you on this.

I await a reply from international.com as to wht they've asked me to use a third-party ripper with Version 5 when I don't and should not even need to.

I also wait to hear from them with regards to a refund for Version 5.

Anyone else would like to comment?

Any ideas and suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Happy37

Got to agree with aabbccdd what a S**t answer. The company is saying our product does not work, but we still overprice the product and then send you off to buy something else that we know works. The trouble is that DVD43 works with free programs and could save you the price of Xcopy. If I were you I would get my money back and purchase something else. The newer programs work extremely well and offer much better authoring abilities than Xcopy. My biggest grump is that there is not burn control, you have to use a third pary program to do this if you do not want to burn at max and that you cannot split episodic disks.

8. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd and arniebear

You've both hit it totally on the head!!!

I must agree - it is a s**t answer from the company - we know that the product doesn't work, yet please go out and buy something else...and then it will work magically all of a sudden!!!

arniebear - I already have and own AnyDVD - the only gripe I have with CloneDVD2 is the fact that it only has a year's worth of updates.

What happens after the year's updates are up? - please let me know arniebear.

I will let you both and others know in due course how this all gets on and what the final result turns out to be.

Thanks again

9. baldbear

baldbear Member

Happy37

Looks like International admitted that their product will still not copy the newer copy protection out.

Arniebear is right...if you have to use DVD43 as your ripper, why would you pay for a program when there are free ones out that will do the job for you.

As for CloneDVD2 and the one year updates, they have it posted on their site, but it is not enforced. Ireland can tell you more about it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  10. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

CloneDVD2.....is there a setting to change the booktype? I currently have to use Liteon's booktype utility for my 451s, and DvdInfoPro for my Lg 4163b.....it's no problem, just a few extra steps.

In regards to V5.......I have emailed support at DvdXCopy International ......there was no indication that they would partially refund my purchase of Anydvd if I WAS to buy V5.

BTW........what happened to DvdXCopy Canada support? Phone support has been temporarialy suspended (almost 4 months now)????

11. ireland

ireland Active member

mackdl
    what happened to DvdXCopy Canada support?
    they got knocked out of the game when international shut down there downloads and activations.

they contacted me for the 321-studio dvdxcopy downloads i had to send Canada support to my site where i have the downloads for all the 321 products open for all to download.

note,using dvd43 or anydvd does not guarantee that v5 will copy all movies..i know i tried dvd43 and anydvd with v5 to see.

12. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

@Ireland

I would gather by that statement - Canada's support # is PERMANENTLY suspended? The phone lines send me to DvdXCopy International not to ADXCopyCentral.

Why were US customers offered the upgrade to V5 for $50 US (last year) yet Canadian customers got zip?

13. ireland

ireland Active member

for all i know Canada support is up and running or not...as they did not give me any info after they got the downloads from me..

Canada support and international are not the same company..

international is out of asia..........

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@mackdl

They offered you the upgrad for 50 lucky you. They wanted 85 from me. I told them I would have to think about, I am still thinking, lol :)

15. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear

did baldbear give ye a beta of v5 to test?
    if so,in fact ye got the final to test,

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@ireland

Yes he did so far what I have tried to use it for was episode disks which have not worked out and I ended up using Clone. Xcopy will only pick up on Title one and will not break it down so you can split. Tried it on 21 Jump Street and Eleanor and Franklin mini-series. No go. Am waiting until next week there are going to be some killer encrypted movies coming out and will see if it works although I doubt it.

17. baldbear

baldbear Member

arniebear

I heard lords of dogtown has new protection, did you hear of any others?

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

19. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

@arniebear......I got the same offer as you -- $85 US or over $100 CAD.

All I know, is I've been trying to get in touch with XCopy Canada for almost 4 mos. (since I got my DL 16X burner) to no avail. I only have a select # of stores that I can buy media from. I live on an island which costs over $100 return by ferry to get to the mainland. 4X +r's are impossible to find. The Maxells 002 and Fuji Yudens both burn at 12 X, and will not play in ALL of my players. 4x will.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

mackdl
    i live in the states and 4x are hard to find in the stores around here in pittsburgh pa.all i can find is 8x...

if you use clonedvd2 you can select the burn speed..i do..and i select 4x burn...with 8x disks and no play back problems..using a liteon 1673.external

if using a hp-420 i can burn at 8x and have no problems on play back.

both burners are on the same computer,i use a liteon dvd-rom 16x 166s for all my rips