1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCOPY VERSION 5

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by colar11, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

it has been reported to me the movie lords of dogtown unrated was copyed with clonedvd 2.8.5.1 and anydvd 5.4.4.1

quote by sweeper
    I got my hands on a copy of lords of dogtown unrated and so far its playing without a hitch I did it on a dvr+rw disk ,AnyDvd 5441

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

good to know ireland ,because i was going to get the movie this coming tues. any word if the movie is good?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2005
  3. Happy37

Happy37 Member

Hi all

Just popping back to let you know that I have been refunded by international.com for DVD X Copy Platinum Version 5.

Once I actually get the refund in my account, I will see where I go from there.

PS - I have got the trial version of CloneDVD2 at the moment and am testing it out to see if it is what I want.

Will post back in due course to let you all know how I get on.

Any responses, as always are welcome and will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks to all once again.

Regards

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Happy37 your def. best off doing the movie only with CloneDVD 2 less compression means better picture quality .iam sure you will like the program lots better than x copy

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Happy32

Glad to hear you got your refund. As aabbccdd stated you will like CloneDVD it is a very versatile program. I just used it to split a series disk, made an iso of the files, and output to my HD so I could burn them at a later time with whatever program I choose. I really love this program.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

test this program out..info posted per baldbear its being tested now with a movie called:Grudge

got it copying The Grudge right now, so far so good. Using it without AnyDVD running.

Update:Got a good copy of the grudge, going to try Hitch next

LAST UPDATE PER BALDBEAR:I got a good copy of Hitch, just the movie, no extras, using shrinkto5

Program : ShrinkTo5,
    Version : 1.5.2
    Rating : 4.5 out of 5

Description :
    ShrinkTo5 is the new, powerful and fast DVD copying engine. ShrinkTo5 has been developed as a cross-platform engine available for free for anyone. To ensure a fast spreading to other platforms ShrinkTo5 is distributed as open-source.

ShrinkTo5 can copy movies with an undeniably superior picture quality. No matter if you wish to copy just the main movie or the whole movie DVD, ShrinkTo5 always produces a superb picture quality, since the ShrinkTo5 engine always concentrates on the main movie. No tedious configuration is needed like with other copying tools, ShrinkTo5 will always find the perfect balance automatically.

Features at a glance:

* Highspeed mode
    * Can copy whole DVDs, Custom Mode and MovieOnly
    * Using the supporting machinist.dll ShrinkTo5 can also copy encrypted DVDs
    * Corrects embedded structural errors
    * Analysis and copy in one step
    * Preview during the copy process
    * Low memory footprint

Since DeCSS is not illegal in every country, ShrinkTo5 offers a plugin interface. By using the popular "machinist.dll" which contains major DeCSS implementations, you can enable ShrinkTo5 to decrypt CSS. Download the DLL and put it in the same folder as ShrinkTo5. That's it. But please note that this is not permitted in all countries! Please check for information in your country as not to act illegally.

Download Links

Official Download Page Download ShrinkTo5 (non CSS version - cannot open encrypted/commercial DVDs - use the machinist.dll download below to enable CSS ripping)

machinist.dll

Download machinist.dll to add CSS ripping capabilities to ShrinkTo5 - extract this file to the same directory as ShrinkTo5 (default: C:\Program Files\ShrinkTo5\Software). Please don't right click -> save as to download the file - simply click on the link
    http://www.riphelp.com/downloads/shrinkto5.html

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  7. Happy37

Happy37 Member

ireland/baldbear

Thanks for the reply and links to ShrinkTo5 and machinist.dll.

Am downloading these now, will try them out and will post back in due course with results.

Thanks

8. ireland

ireland Active member

9. kx14racer

kx14racer Member

I use DVD x Copy Express it works great with AnyDVD running in the background. I like the simplicity of DVD X COPY. So just used DVD X Copy and ANYDVD together and they will copy movies with the protections

10. Happy37

Happy37 Member

ireland

Have downloaded and used shrinkto5 and found that it works, yet at first attempt the quality of the encoded video is blocky.

Will see if the program is updated and use it again to see what happens.

Thanks

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Happy are you using GOOD blank media?? as in Taiyo Yuden ,Verbatim or Ritek(ridata) and burning at 4X is important also that may help your problem

12. Happy37

Happy37 Member

aabbccdd

Thanks for your reply - I ONLY exclusively use Verbatim media (as endorsed by Creaky and Kivory666 on these forums!!!) - big thanks to them for myself learning more about GOOD media...

I use Verbatim's DVD+RW's 1-4 speed discs and Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4 speed discs for my Dual-Layer burns using DVD Decrypter.

Any other suggestions and ideas appreciated.

Thanks

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just used Xcopy ver. 5 and ripped Lords of Dogtown, with AnyDVD in the background it came out fine. On its own Xcopy could not get further than 43% and errored out.

14. SolShrike

SolShrike Member

I use DVD X Copy Plat 4.0.3.8 myself, although when XSoftware bought thier technology from 321 Studios, I bought that one as well. Really the same software but newer version. Both work great if you have DVD43Free running in the background. I haven't been able to NOT copy something yet, including new movies.

Edit: I use ONLY verbatim inkjet printable DVD's... just cause I'm addicted to the brand and printing on them using my Epson R200 hehe

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  15. fincab

fincab Guest

Just to add my 2 cents:

I am using DVD XCopy v5, and it works fine except that the preview function doesn't work. I caontacted tech support and they said that they are already working on it and the update will available for free on their website. Theu said it should be about 2-3 wks.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@fincab

Thanks for the info, the preview does not work on mine. It works okay on the old 321 Xcopy but not this one.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear

There is a way to turn v5.0.0.13 in to a ripper free program and using anydvd version 5.4.4.1 to be able to copy all sony movies.
    as dvd43 is causing some problems on xp.when tryinf to use it.
    i did inform international the owners of v5 on how to do that.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Ireland

Thanks but I have been using AnyDVD, tried DVD43 on my old computer way back and it caused some major system problems. AnyDVD worked well for LODT with Xcopy ripped and burned the whole movie without a glitch, came out really good.