1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy Xpress 3.0

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Alps, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Alps

Alps Guest

Just downloaded DVDXCopy Xpress version 3.0. Downloaded it twice, uninstalled it three times and re-installed it three times. Still get the same error: "DVDXCopy Xpress has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".

Tried to E-mail support, but no answer.

Anyone else have this problem?

At this point my solution would be to go back to 2.5.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. iowakev75

iowakev75 Member

Was using Xpress 2.0 and everything was working fine. Tried to download 3.0, and found that I needed to uninstall 2.0 first.

Downloaded 3.0 successfully, but the dvds that are created won't play on any of the machines that used to work on dvds created by 2.0. When I try the 3.0-created dvds, I get a "unrecognized format" error message. Any suggestions for me? Thanks!

4. An6eLo

An6eLo Member

Some people are finding out that there are still some kinks to be worked out in the new version (DXCX 3.0)

Just try to wait patiently for the new update (v.3.0.1) and hopefuly, you'll be back to your backup speed.

Until then, I guess try to reinstall v.2.0 or other software to backup your DVDs.

Go to this thread for a comparison in software:

[bold]Top Compression Tool [/bold]
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42408

5. onelessuk

onelessuk Guest

i am also having trouble with xpress 3.0 discs burning successfully but wil not play on anything.i ccant even get into the disc to see what the format is. is there a mediator on the job?

6. onelessuk

onelessuk Guest

can anyone put me in touch with a site i can download express copy version 2.54 because i never saved it when i downloaded version 3 and the 2.54 version is the only one that works for me,and i cant get it from 321 studios now.can anyone help please?

7. soupcan

soupcan Member

I was thinking of buying this software until I put a CD backup into my wifes van (Pontiac Montana) and the backup dvd stopped, skipped and no audio. I could read the "this is a backup message". I used the demo version! My burner is a 4x nec, I believe(came with my new Dell). 3gightz 512mbram 120gigHD. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

8. QUAKEDS

QUAKEDS Guest

WELL ,, IF YOU USED THE DEMO VER IS ONLY GOING TO PLAY FOR 35 MINUTES. IN REFERENT ABOUT THE AUDIO AND VIDEO QUALITY YOU MAY WANT TO UNINSTALL SOME SOLFWARE THAT IT MAY CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS, FOR EJE IN THE VER OF DVDXPRESS 2.5 I HAD SOME PROBLEMS WHEN I HAD INSTALL (PRIMO)DVD ,SO YOU MAY WANT TO EXPERIMENT A LITTLE.
    TO ME IT IS A REALLY GOOD BACK UP PROGRAM BUT LIKE ANYPROGRAM OUT THERE IT IS NOT 100% ERROR FREE AND YOU CAN FIND SOME LITTLE PROBLEMS.

9. QUAKEDS

QUAKEDS Guest

SORRY about the caps,,,, I just have to replace my keyboard,,,, today later.

10. soupcan

soupcan Member

It plays fine in my home dvd player! It plays longer than 35 minutes! The thing with the demo is it only lets you make 3or 4 dvds! After doing some reading I'm wondering if it's a compression thing? Maybe I should try "shrink"?
    Thanks, Soup

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

12. jcherry

jcherry Member

I to have a Pontiac Montana and the X Copy copies wont play in the van. I use Shrink and Nero on -R discs they play perfectly

13. soupcan

soupcan Member

Yep, that's what I figured out! The only difference is my dvd burner (came from Dell) is a dvd +r model! Still works fine! Thanks, Soup