1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDxCopy xpress

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by bhamlin, Oct 7, 2004.

1. bhamlin

bhamlin Member

I purchased 3 copies of this software, It's been awhile. I did get them on ebay, seals boxes. When I heard of th ruling that 321 would no longer be able to sell it, I call 321. They verified that all where original, and never activated. Now that I am ready to use them, I can't activate them. Am I out of luck, Is there another program for making backups.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I won't be heart broken if i'm screwed, won't be the first
    Thanks,
    Billy

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. illusions

illusions Member

there should be NO reason as to you not being able
    to activate dvd copy xpress.i had no problems
    activating my copy.if your running windows xp,you
    might have to disable the xp firewall.if you have
    any other firewalls,you will have to either bypass
    them or disable them.i activated mine online after
    i disabled my firewalls with no problems.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

illusions,

I am still able to activate my XCopy Platinum as well, but others are not so fortunate. And I have given instructions to disable any firewall and antivirus program ... even the built in firewall in XP, and that hasn't helped. So don't say "there should be NO reason as to you not being able to activate dvd copy xpress.", unless you wanna start calling people liars, believe it ... not every legit copy owners can activate.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 3.06GHz HT
    1.5 GB Rambus PC 1066, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony 1612, Plextor Premium
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  5. moonman41

moonman41 Member

I've read all the post on people having problems getting their dvdxcopy platinum to work after re-install. I was having the same trouble. Just change computers and tried to install my xcopy on the new one. it wouldn't take the lic id and password. tried the links, wouldn't work. i did the try from another computer thing didn't work. i read through some more threads. used one of the links put in my email on studio 123. they sent me my nick name and password. So i knew i was in the system. just for the hell of it i put in the password from the email when trying to activate the installation and BAM it worked. so maybe when you register your password changes. try it it can't hurt. because I had given up. I even put my old drive in my new computer, but since i had ran the installation already it wouldn’t start like normal. HOPEFULLY this all make sense. I'm not super technical. AND I would like to THANKS site for the help. now lets see if i can copy again......... meawhile back at the ranch

6. ta109

ta109 Guest

Here's the explaination from where I bought mine. The reason no one can activate is that when they shut down the US office and moved it to Canada, they accidentally turned off some of the License ID's during re-setup in Canada. I received a temporary License ID and Password that good for 2 weeks, and I gave them mine from the inside of the box to forward on to 321. They say it will take 24-48 hours from them to re-activate. My advise is to get with whomever you bought yours from and do the same as me.

7. illusions

illusions Member

flip...
    no,im not calling people liars.but i dont understand
    why they cant activate there copy of dvd x copy if it
    is a new copy that hasnt been activated before.it
    just seems that the ones i know who have bought the
    product and that has problems,had to either bypass
    or disable there firewalls in order to activate it.
    the only other thing i can think of is to download
    some of the free dvd ripping programs that are
    offered on this site.