1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxplatinum advanced

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by nigel1, Feb 25, 2004.

1. nigel1

nigel1 Guest

Ok so I can use the simple version but now I want to back up using the advanced format, how on earth do you tell what is what. Iam looking at all the files not knowing what to eliminate what to compress and what to keep in its original form, any advice from seasoned users please, by the way this is a first time user and poster so please help...nicely!

2. taclark

taclark Guest

I started out using DVD X Copy Platinum, but not anymore.

I use the freeware DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Spend some time with afterdawn. There are links on the home page for guides to using these tools as well as links for you to download the freeware. Use the search feature at the top of the page--just type in shrink and start reading some of the forums.

I like my movies to start up when inserted (no menu, FBI warning, or Backup Copy notice). I also like to minimize compression. In summary, this is how I burn a DVD.

I open DVD Decrypter; it finds the DVD.

I click the disc icon button and it copies the files to my hard drive (20 minutes).

I close DVD Decrypter and open DVD Shrink

I select Open File and direct Shrink to the VIDEO_TS folder the Decrypter just created.

I click on Re-author; it lists the files in the folder.

I select the file titled Main Movie and drag it to the left side of the screen.

I click Backup and the movie is burned.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nigel1,

I think you might be ready for us in the future but for now - it is much easier to send you to the DVD XCopy Forum :)

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/66

To show what we are all about, let me help you with that annoying little warning thing at the beginning of an Xpress backup - it's called 321Gone and will get rid of it for you :D

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

My name is Pete, and as I said, when you want to have fun with your DVD backups, stop on back, Newbies are always welcome -

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuuummmm, it seems that Nephilim and I were answering your posts at the same time - we're always ready to help around here LOL

"P"

6. nigel1

nigel1 Guest

Thanks guys. I am going to look at the forums you have suggested and start in a small way. cheers Nigel1

7. nigel1

nigel1 Guest

Pete what a cracking lttle tool you sent me to, have used it as you suggest and it is brilliant, thank you ...nigel

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nigei1,

We're loaded with neat little toys like that around here, glad you liked it :D

You still have your license number on backup copies though :-(

Pete

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

[bold]Hi there taclark,[/bold]

I'm so sorry I didn't answer your post earlier, I only had one question, Why did you use DVD Decrypter ??

DVD Shrink ver 3.1.7.beta 4 rips more than ever - using just DVD Shrink cuts out an extra step in the backup process.

Please, don't misunderstand, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you're doing your backups, I just wondered if you had a particular reason for doing it that way -

Pete

10. valcor72

valcor72 Guest

sorry to barge in... can dvd shrink do all that? plus what the dvd decrypter can do? ( I am new and I just start reading ya'lls discussion... sorry :( ! )

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there valcor72, How're you doing ?

If you take a look at the date of the thread that was awhile ago -

Now DVD Shrink and Decrypter together do much, much more -

DVD Shrink rips your DVD (gets rid of that "pesky" copyright thingie), allows you to edit the DVD (gets rid of the Warning screen, extras and trailers and even the ending credits, if you wish), compresses the movie to fit on a single on a single DVD, and then burns an ISO image on your HD which DVD Decrypter can burn to disc -and all for the low, low price of Free !!!

Added to the fact that it's Sooooooo easy (How easy is it ?) Well it's so easy that anyone can do it and it's so fast that you can do it all with a modern day PC in 30 to 45 minutes - Now, what do ya think about them apples ??

Pete

BTW, welcome to our little Club -

12. valcor72

valcor72 Guest

thanks scubapete... one more thing... I have the dvd x platinum... if I want to use the dvd shrink and decrypter.... do i need to uninstall platinum? can this software go against platinum? ... you know conflicts? please help... thanks again.

13. Yordan

Yordan Guest

You do not need to uninstall Platinum, I`ve had both programs on my machine and they worked just fine, however I got rid if Platinum as it is nowhere near as good as Shrink. Master working with DVDShrink and you will not look back...

14. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Also, Shrink is a jack of all trades - it will ripp, decode, recode and burn the movie if you have Nero5.5 or higher installed - it uses Nero`s burning engine to burn your back up, you do not have to use Decrypter if you do not want to, Shrink can do the whole process from start to finish for you.

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually Yordan,

There is no reason to purchase Nero anymore.
    You can use DVD Shrink for your riping editing, compression and then burn with Decrypter - all for free -

Pete

16. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Have not tried burning with Decrypter yet. Is the burning engine as good as Nero`s?

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Decrypter is a good burner, no B & W - burns great ISO files :D)

Nero can burn many different kinds if files, lots & lots of B & W :)

"P"