1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxpress and nero?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by animedrag, Aug 11, 2004.

1. animedrag

animedrag Member

i wanna burn a dvd but don't want the archive.txt on the new dvd. so it is possible when dvdxpress ask for a blank cd, i just use nero and burn the folder that dvdxpress created right? if yes, then what option in nero? ie dvd-copy.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Use burn express in nero, open to your folder in another window. Click and drag entire folder to the VIDEO_TS folder in express. It will choose the files it needs. Hit burn, done.

3. animedrag

animedrag Member

u mean nero xpress right? so i just drag the files in dvdxpress' VIDEO_TS folder into the VIDEO_TS folder in nero?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

When nero startsmart comes up at the top left is Nero burning rom. Directly below it is Nero burn express, followed by NeroVision express, back it up, Nero cover designer, etc. all the way down to Nero Recode. Use Nero burn express. Drag your ENTIRE folder to the VIDEO_TS folder in express. Ignore the AUDIO_TS folder.

This is all in Nero Ultra 6, if you don't have it you can download it at Nero's homepage. It's good for the entire month, the next month it must be loaded again until you purchase, which I highly recommend. Eagletronics has it for 49.00, it normally sells for 79.00 to 99.00.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHW 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  5. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag,
    If you have Nero 6 already,why dont you just download the trial version of AnyDVD from the AD software link,that way you can use Nero Recode2 with AnyDVD to get region free burns with no txt files.
    ispy

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

animegrad, ispy is correct, nero's recode is an excellent proggy. It also works almost exactly like shrink(reportedly they have the same author). I was only suggesting a way to use your files you already have.

Anydvd is an "on the fly" tool that enables you to burn directly from your source video without writing to the HD. It has a 30 day free trial, then it costs 39.00. you could also rip your files in file mode with decrypter, then open them with Recode, edit and/or compress, and burn from recode.

7. ispy

ispy Regular member

I,m not Knocking Xcpoy Xpress or Platinum,I have them both in rpper & RF versions,but sometimes I find that AnyDVD + Recode will work on movies that the 321 products dont.I raised the "txt" file issue a couple of weeks ago with PsiDoc,321 Gone & 321 rips author.I noticed that when using Xpress + 321 Gone that an empty txt file was burnt onto backup,but using Xpress or Platinum RF with 321 rip,even though there was no visible Warning Screen there was a txt file with the warning in notepad form including,burn date details and a 16 digit no that I believe relates to your 321 product ownership!I have since seen several posts by others worried about the txt file.Maybe we are all getting paranoid after reading about raids on homes regarding file sharing sites etc.Close the curtains.crack a beer and enjoy your backups,
    Cheers ispy

8. animedrag

animedrag Member

i have nero 6.3 ultra but dont' have nero recode2. probably have to d/l the new version. what i do now is just let dvdxpress copy the files to the hd, use ifoedit to edit the 321 warning, then use nero 6 to burn.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Other ways to accomplish this is:
    1) Use 321Gone w/ Xpress
    2) Get Xpress RF and 321Rip

10. animedrag

animedrag Member

what is xpress rf? what does rf stands for?

11. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag,
    If you do DL Nero updates,there are 4 packages,leave out No.3 called InCD because its packet writing software that can conflict with many rip/burning programmes.The AnyDVD I mentioned,I leave running in the background even with XCopyXpress and Platinum RF.If you really dont want the "txt" file at all the combo of 321Gone with Xpress is best .
    Cheers ispy

12. flip218

XPress RF ... the most current program
    RF ... ripper free
    321Rip ... enables the ripper (so RF becomes a ripper version again)

13. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag,
    The latest versions of DVDXCopy Xpress and DVDXCopy Platinum are RF versions which means Ripper Free,but there is a patch authored by PsiDoc called 321rip which puts the ripper back into both products.Its very easy to use.
    ispy

14. ispy

ispy Regular member

Sorry flip I was mid post when I got AD notification of updated thread
    Regards ispy

15. flip218

:) no prob.

16. ispy

ispy Regular member

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

animedrag, the 4 update packs ispy is talking about is important. For sure load 1 and 2 and I would do 4 also. As ispy said leave out 3. These update packs will give you Nero recode and NeroVision Express, two of Ultra's best programs. If you have Nero you need to take full advantage of it.